Need help on 1pc suit

GConn

Squid hater
Reaction score
Visit site
Anyone that has experience with 1 pc suits can help me out here. Most of my riding is aggressive and I wanted to upgrade my leathers. I found a GREAT deal on a 1 piece suit in my size but I don't do any track days. I don't intend to either, since we don't have any tracks around here....If it wasn't such a great deal I wouldn't even think about a 1 piece.

After watching this [nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yoRVz0BqVe4"]YouTube - Leather fit[/nomedia] I would like to ask:

Is it that much of a PITA even after it breaks in? I mean, when we have a break for a coffee or lunch, is this going to continue to be annoyingly hard or not?

Thanks

W

wrightme43

My two piece is hard to put on, the jacket is easy, but the pants are a pain. I dont know about one piece suits.

Sawblade

Hopped up on Mountain Dew
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
It depends how flexible you are. Me and a friend of similar size were trying some on and he was having a lot of trouble while I was able to bend far enough to scoot out easily. The suits we were looking at ending up being $900, so we changed our minds in a hurry.

GConn

Squid hater
Reaction score
Visit site
Well this suit is around $1k normally and I can take it for $500. This is basically what makes me think twice before declining

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
When my two piece is zipped together, as a one pieced, its contortion act to get it on. Hopping and flapping are involved but you'll get the hang of it. Putting the pieces on individually isn't much better. It is what it is I suppose.

Oscar54

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm assuming from your post that you found this deal online and therefore cannot try it on.

So, I would say that if you are fit and trim or not too far above your "ideal" weight go for it. If it turns out to be too much of a PITA it seems at that price you should be able to resell it and get your money back?

JMO

GConn

Squid hater
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm assuming from your post that you found this deal online and therefore cannot try it on.

So, I would say that if you are fit and trim or not too far above your \\\\"ideal\\\\" weight go for it. If it turns out to be too much of a PITA it seems at that price you should be able to resell it and get your money back?

JMO

Fit & trim, me? :D no way. I am 230lbs which makes it even harder to find gear in this little market. Locally, I have an option to buy a Laguna Sega for around EUR850 and A* (track pants + RC-1 jacket) around the same price. Buying this deal will cost around EUR 500, all costs included. What I fear most is buying it, using it for a few times, then I find out it is too annoying and throw it in a closet. That option, costs me big money :(

Oscar54

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Fit & trim, me? :D no way. I am 230lbs which makes it even harder to find gear in this little market. Locally, I have an option to buy a Laguna Sega for around EUR850 and A* (track pants + RC-1 jacket) around the same price. Buying this deal will cost around EUR 500, all costs included. What I fear most is buying it, using it for a few times, then I find out it is too annoying and throw it in a closet. That option, costs me big money :(

Well I'm around 220 and 5'11" and I've noticed the belly getting in the way lately, so I need to loose about 40.

In my case I don't think I would want to go for a one piece, though I have never tried to get one on. I do have overalls and the tight fit one is a PITA the baggy one is not too bad. But that is my only reference.

I am comfortable with my Tour Master two piece nylon mesh suit, but I don't consider myself an aggressive rider.