wondering if someone can help for streetfighter headlight

nanner6282

Reaction score
Visit site
i'm going to be getting a fz6 soon and i wanted to start turning it into a streetfighter. i saw from most pics that when the headlight is changed out, the stock speedo, tach, etc. aren't there. does anyone know if there's a way to keep the stock gauges or is a new one needed. i guess i don't know if the gauges and front lights/fairing/windscreen are all one piece. any help is much appreciated.:rolleyes:

W

wrightme43

You can buy the bracket and cover from the UK and mount it just like stock or get all crazy, cheap, and ugly and cut apart your bent up fairing stay mount, weld it back together the way you want it, and make it work.

Its just pieces and parts.

shaggystyle

Hummingbird slayer.
Reaction score
Visit site
Also, a guick google/ebay search will turn up some generic brackets for mounting your speedo. All you have to do is drill the mounting screws and cut a square for the cable. I got mine from the same place I bought my headlight (Universal Gauge Bracket "New Size"). It was 28 bucks for a flat piece of powder coated aluminum, well worth it for the time and hassle it saved me having to build a similar bracket from scratch.

Dustin

MotorBoatin Son of a Btch
Reaction score
Visit site
Good luck on the project, i will be doing the same thing to mine one day