October Road Trip Nordschleife, Trier, Paris, Gent

Unseen

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello,

I went for a 5 day end of the season road trip last october. Originally the plan was to go south to Spain. However due to various reasons that did not work out, so that's postponed for next season. So I ended up riding to the infamous Nordschleife circuit in Germany. Very cool to do a couple of laps there, especially since the weather was brillant. The next day along the Mosel river to the oldest city in Germany, founded by the Romans, Trier. Due to bad weather I had to decide to stay there. The following day I went to Paris, crazy traffic. Pictures are here:
October Trip - Nordschleife - Trier - Paris - Gent (4 pages). Can't wait to do that Spain trip next season, let's get this winter stuff over with fast.

bmccrary

Touring Mod
Reaction score
Visit site
Amazing pictures!

Thanks for sharing. I am sure the Nuerinburg was fun to go around! How much is it now to make a lap?

That one picture should be titled, count the number of fazers. There were several in their. Including a full fairing one in the back ground.

Once again, thanks for sharing. Glad ya had fun!

If you could, be sure to add some of your stops to the "What to see and What to Avoid" thread.

Thanks!

-bryan

agmom98

Navy mom
Reaction score
www.agmom98.com
Some really great photos in there: Sacre Coeur, Eiffel tower, the views. Wow!

I was in Spain last week (but, alas, not on a motorcycle). Now I want to go back next season, like you, and rent a bike.

Thanks for posting!!

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Really great photo's Andre :thumbup: glad you posted them.

Went to Trier last year with a group of bikers from my work (stayed in a youth hostel in the center of town), I believe it was even capital of the western Roman empire at one time.
Great riding roads around those parts :rockon:

stevesnj

Reaction score
Visit site
I was at the 'Ring' last year for F1, truly a beautiful sight and part of Germany. I plan to go next year. I wish I had my FZ over there.

Unseen

Reaction score
Visit site
I payed EUR 77 for 4 laps, a single lap is more expensive, about EUR 21. I already did 1 of those 4 with my car earlier in the year. So I did 3 laps on the Fazer. First lap a track "Marshal" offered to do a pace lap which was a very good idea. The area around the track is very suited for motorcycle riding, nice bends and hills :rockon:

I'll look into that What to see and avoid track.

About rental bikes, some of those Fazers at the Notre Dame were actually rentals. I forgot to note the name of the rental company, but it seems you can rent a Fazer in Paris :thumbup: