GreenToaster Interview

GreenToaster

Reaction score
Visit site
What do you do for a living?
Teach high school students Engineering Drawing & Design classes

How long have you owned your FZ6?
I bought it this afternoon - will pick it up in 42 hours from now

What other modes of transport do you have?
Honda Element (don't laugh), Nisaan Altima SE

If you could have any bike what would it be?
Suzuki B-King (let's pause for a moment of silent reflection, please)

What are your hobbies apart from the bike?
R/C planes & heli's, blues/funk guitar, creating 3D CAD models of cars & motorcycles, writing simple Java programs, running, strength training

What is the best place you have visited on your travels and why?
North Georgia & lower Tennessee - twisty roads, beautiful scenery - no tickets (yet)

Describe yourself in three words?
ADD, intelligent, fast

If you could redesign any household appliance what would it be and why?
Fridge - all should have sliding, no-foggy glass doors so you don't have to stand there and gawk, losing energy, getting nipples cold and hard

Which invention in history would you most like to have come up with?
mp3 player - like the iPod nano - it rocks

If you ruled the world, what is the first thing you would outlaw?
Any behavior preventing anyone from exercising basic human rights

If you were forced to entertain us all at the Forum Christmas party - what would your talent be?
I play guitar so, I'd blast some tunes, then pass the bong.

Snow or beach?
Snow - it reminds me of my vacation in Columbia many years ago.

Windows or Mac?
I like Mac's but I buy Windows b/c my students use applications that require XP/Vista :(

F1 or NASCAR?
F1 all the way - not even close on this one.

Bon Jovi or Beethoven?
Who's Bon Jovi?

Mariah Carey or Mick Jagger?
Jagger

Comedy or thriller?
Both

Action or horror?
Action - I can't stand horror movies, no, I loathe horror movies.

Meat or Veg?
Meat

And finally, your number one rule in life?
Pass it around - you've got more than you'll ever need or use.

GreenToaster

Reaction score
Visit site
This may not be what you want to hear, but I only ended up buying this bike because I got fantastic, phenomenal financing through Yamaha - I was going to purchase a Kawasaki ER-6n but . . . I think I'll like the FZ6 okay.

WTF, I'm freakin' ecstatic about my new bike!!!

I can't wait to pick it up on Friday morning. Woo-hoo! I'll post photos of my baby on Friday - like you haven't ever seen a stock FZ6 before - ha.

I've also owned the following - plus a bunch more:

Suzuki SV-650
Honda CBR 900RR
Ducati 900SS
Suzuki Bandit 400 (yes, a 400 - it was one of my fav's)
Suzuki GS500E

bunches of KX's & YZ's

several others . . . does this make me an addict? Hope so.

Happy, safe riding,

GT
:)

GreenToaster

Reaction score
Visit site
Yes - that's not a problem. I'm going to pick up a Shoei RF1000 and a good vented leather two piece. I'll shop for 45 size boots on eBay - will need some decent gloves as the only ones I have left are those cheapo Olympus ones which are good for what, four or five inches during a slide before they wear down to your palms? Ouch.

Thanks for the advice - well taken, no problem.

Ghost Weim

Time to ride!!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome: GreenToaster!

Would never laugh about you having an Element. We have one too and it is one darn practical vehicle! (Although I drive a more stylish CRV.) ;)

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Welcome! I was a student teacher for Engineering Drawing my last year in college, really enjoyed it.
You'll have to check out the R/C forum below, there seems to be a lot of enthusiasts here.

jsw4178

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome: Greentoaster and congrats on your new FZ6!! I would not laugh at your Element, we have a Prius :rockon:

GreenToaster

Reaction score
Visit site
Well, long story short - I was wrong. During our phone conversation, the dealer and I were discussing '08's and '09's and I thought he quoted me a price on the '09. So, I was pretty surprised when I got to the showroom and saw this one - the '08. I like the color much more than the dark blue for the '09's.

I was also surprised to see the price for the bike - MUCH better than I'd hoped for and I got a superb discount on my accessories - Joe Rocket Black Phoenix 5.0 jacket, Shoei RF1000 (same color as bike), Joe Rocket Ballistic 5.0 Gloves.

AND - I got home before it began raining but . . . I did run out of gas less than a mile from home. Couldn't find the reserve switch on the tank anywhere. :(

Wife was following me and she was back with the gas container within five minutes then I was on my way - good ending to a great day.

Sorry the photos are really crappy - it's currently raining and I'd like to keep the bike garaged whenever I'm not riding it - I didn't spend any time making a place for the machine in the garage but I will soon.

I honestly plan on keeping this machine for ten years and 100,000 miles. We'll see.

Thanks,

GT

Ghost Weim

Time to ride!!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Well, long story short - I was wrong. During our phone conversation, the dealer and I were discussing '08's and '09's and I thought he quoted me a price on the '09. So, I was pretty surprised when I got to the showroom and saw this one - the '08. I like the color much more than the dark blue for the '09's.

I was also surprised to see the price for the bike - MUCH better than I'd hoped for and I got a superb discount on my accessories - Joe Rocket Black Phoenix 5.0 jacket, Shoei RF1000 (same color as bike), Joe Rocket Ballistic 5.0 Gloves.

AND - I got home before it began raining but . . . I did run out of gas less than a mile from home. Couldn't find the reserve switch on the tank anywhere. :(

Wife was following me and she was back with the gas container within five minutes then I was on my way - good ending to a great day.

Sorry the photos are really crappy - it's currently raining and I'd like to keep the bike garaged whenever I'm not riding it - I didn't spend any time making a place for the machine in the garage but I will soon.

I honestly plan on keeping this machine for ten years and 100,000 miles. We'll see.

Thanks,

GT

Congrats :cheer: on the new bike!

I am surprised that you ran out of gas. I thought all dealers send you home with a full tank of gas - mine did and I even bought a used bike.

Warning on the forum though - you will be modding that new bike really soon! ;)

GreenToaster

Reaction score
Visit site
Ooops - I just realized I got an '07, not an '08. According to Wikipedia, there's not much difference - still hope this is a good deal - OTD for $6999?

sideshow_downs

Finally Summer
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Ooops - I just realized I got an '07, not an '08. According to Wikipedia, there's not much difference - still hope this is a good deal - OTD for $6999?

Congradulations on the new bike it looks great

I got my '08 for 7000 plus tax but it all depends on location there is a thread with what everyone paid and it seems to jump around alot