When Installing Pro Grips

Ant

06 FZ6
Reaction score
Visit site
did anyone actually wait 24 hours before riding per instructions??

W

wrightme43

I dont know about pro grips, but the set I put on my ninja I used hairspray and used them emediately, and the set I put on the dirt bike, I used hair gel and used them emediately.

JONAC

***** Contributor
Reaction score
Visit site
Ive got some new bars n grips hopefully arriving this week ... Any tips on removal of old and fitting of new grips ??? is it quite straight forward ???

Only ever changed Bicycle grips and that was about 25 years ago lol :)

S

sportrider

on my dirtbikes I used a razor and cut them off, but I used grip glue when I installed them so they were "on" there.

Funky Larma

Reaction score
Visit site
For mountain bike grips I used water. Just wet the bar and inside grip, slid on, water evaporates, go ride.

CC32

Reaction score
Visit site
I used Aqua Net hairspray on bicycle grips when I worked as a bike mechanic. One time I took a repaired bike for a test ride immediately after installing the grips. I was standing on the pedals, pushing hard when one the grips slipped off because the hairspray hadn't set up yet. The handlebars turned sharply, sending me and the bike end-over. I wound up with a broken collarbone. I'd say 30 minutes would be a safe waiting time for Aqua Net. Don't know about the other stuff but I sure wouldn't ride immediately after installation.