Steel Braided brake lines

best braided Stainless Steel brake lines

• Total voters

luckyirishboy209

custom fz6 foot peg maker
Reaction score
Visit site
wicth brake lines are better between the Galfer Teflon-Stainless Steel Braided lines or the Goodridge Stainless Steel Braided 2 Line?

GConn

Squid hater
Reaction score
Visit site
Both products are good, but lately I heard about many galfer products rusting. Not the lines but some other part of the installation. Bolts maybe? I am not sure what part it was. Anyhow, that ended in a bit of unnecessary inconvenience, while the bike waits for galfer to replace the part. I am sure some members of this board had that problem and they'll give you useful info.

On the othe hand, I believe all brands sell quality kits. Goodridge, Spiegler, HEL, Galfer are the most popular.

W

wrightme43

I believe that Galfer fixed the problem. Mine have never rusted. Easy install with high quality parts. Goodrich is great too.

ant_mb

Super *********
Reaction score
Visit site
I believe that Galfer fixed the problem. Mine have never rusted. Easy install with high quality parts. Goodrich is great too.

I am now on my third set of Galfer lines. They haven't fixed anything as far as I can see. I will be sending this pair back and then selling the new set they send. Simply not worth the hassle anymore.

W

wrightme43

Well that sucks man. I thought they had fixed it.
Goodrich lines it is.

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Goodrich all the way here....high quality, and never had any problems with performance, wear, or appearance......:thumbup:

PJFZ1

Reaction score
Visit site
Why only Goodrich or Galfer? The true test of the line (besides the cosmetic qualities mentioned) is the quality of the inner line. I know that there are better quality choices to be had.

Last edited:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Why only Goodrich or Galfer? The true test of the line (besides the cosmetic qualities mentioned) is the quality of the inner line. I know that there are better quality choices to be had.

what are some better lines?

+1 on the enlightenment.......i would love to know, as i am about to put braided lines on my Duc!

:thumbup:

PJFZ1

Reaction score
Visit site
The truth of the matter is that the quality of a line as far as the performance is the quality of the inner tubing and the fittings. The braided portion you see is cosmetic and serves to protect the line.

A quality line really starts with the best tubing that limits volumetric expansion, and is assembled with quality fittings and assembled correctly.

Take a look at Fren Tubo lines and look at the quality. Also- look for lines that are T.U.V. and D.O.T. approved. To meet the D.O.T. Standards a line should be crimped with the manufacturers name actually stamped into the collar at the crimping.. I don't want to knock other brands, but I've looked for the stamping on them on bikes and even at shows, and found they are unmarked, meaning the hoses are contracted out to whichever hydraulic shop had time to do lines cheaply for them. I've asked these companies and found that they will subcontract the making of lines.

A quality line should be made by a company who controls every bit of the material they use and does it right.

Roadstergal

Reaction score
Visit site
I have Goodridge on my Fizz. I have had two Galfer lines in a row on my Titter leak from the get-go, so I'm a little leery of them.

Remember that you will not get the benefit of steel lines unless you bleed your brakes regularly. At least once a year, and get all of the air out. The Goodridge + bleed gave my FZ brakes a nice firm feel.