Dual Headlight Mod, - leagal?

Fz6Sa

SS1000 Veteran
Elite Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
www.youtube.com
Have any of you checked the legality of the Dual Headlight Mod here in Denmark, - Im asking coz as i read it the law states that there mus be at least 60cm of space between headlights if you have more than one ...... But maybe thats only for 4 wheelers?

ttoften

Reaction score
Visit site
IMHO, who cares. u¨ll be more visible and u'll have better light at night.
I'f mine wasnt a naked version. I'd make the mod asap!

And then again, is it even legal to change to exhaust?? who cares :rockon:

Fz6Sa

SS1000 Veteran
Elite Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
www.youtube.com
IMHO, who cares. u¨ll be more visible and u'll have better light at night.
I'f mine wasnt a naked version. I'd make the mod asap!

And then again, is it even legal to change to exhaust?? who cares :rockon:

LOL,- Guess you are right, - it's just nice to be prepared when you get pulled over by some lame ass police officer who was yelled at by his wife.

Scorphonic

No Man is an Ireland.
Reaction score
Visit site
hmmmm,- good point ....,- but still,- The FZ6 is not factor Dual, so there might be an issue ...

This is not the only motorbike on the road with two lights. I'm sure you'll be just fine.

At the end of the day, if the law reduces your safety then screw it. Lighting is one of the most important factors of bike riding.

Fz6Sa

SS1000 Veteran
Elite Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
www.youtube.com
This is not the only motorbike on the road with two lights. I'm sure you'll be just fine.

At the end of the day, if the law reduces your safety then screw it. Lighting is one of the most important factors of bike riding.

As a safety issue, I agree, - during daylight hours I run with the long beam on anyway (Does not seem to bother ongoing traffic), so in that way im already using Dual Headlights.

I'll drop by the police station as pop the question, - the must know if any.

Oscar54

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
As an intergalactic space traveler I can attest that when I have my high beams on they are both illuminated and are not 60mm apart, therefore intergalactic law says it does not matter, so is legal!

Last edited:

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Have any of you checked the legality of the Dual Headlight Mod here in Denmark, - Im asking coz as i read it the law states that there mus be at least 60cm of space between headlights if you have more than one ...... But maybe thats only for 4 wheelers?
Are there any other dual lighted sports bikes over there? Speed triple etc? If they have dual lights as stock, this may answer your question?

Nelly

Fz6Sa

SS1000 Veteran
Elite Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
www.youtube.com
Are there any other dual lighted sports bikes over there? Speed triple etc? If they have dual lights as stock, this may answer your question?

Nelly

The problem here in Denmark, is that there is a big difference between a "Factory Setup" and a "Custom Setup". We have extremly strict laws on the modding area, and the police can impact your bike if you violatesuch laws ....., so its just meeting the wrong cop on the wrong day ...
I don't mind a fine now and then, but having the baby confiscated NO WAY!!

However,- I'll take a ride to the Police Station today, and simply ask. Update will follow.

Fz6Sa

SS1000 Veteran
Elite Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
www.youtube.com
uh, if ur swinging by the coppers. ask em bout the law on mirrors.
cant remember if its legal to use only one :D

Danish law states:

"(3) Førerspejl
a) skal være konvekst og
b) skal have en reflekterende flade på mindst 69 cm2.
(4) To-hjulet motorcykel skal være forsynet med et førerspejl på hver side.
Motorcykel med en tophastighed på højst 100 km/h skal dog ikke være forsynet
med førerspejl på højre side."

Or to summerize in english:, Mirrors must be at least 69cm2 (Reflective part), and if the bike has a topspeed above 100km/h it must have 2 mirrors, one on each side.

steveindenmark

Older Member
Reaction score
Visit site
LOL,- Guess you are right, - it's just nice to be prepared when you get pulled over by some lame ass police officer who was yelled at by his wife.

I don`t know the answer to this but have the headlight mod anyway. I can disconnect it in 2 seconds anyway.

But if you manage to actually find a policeman in Denmark give me a shout and I will come and stare at them. We never see them down here in Haderslev.

Steve

Fz6Sa

SS1000 Veteran
Elite Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
www.youtube.com
Ok, so im back from the Police Station, - basicly the cop I talked to told me to go ahead and do it, - there is apperently no way a normal police man can see if its leagal or not, - it takes a more technical inspection that is only don when we go for the bike-checkup every second year (first time after 4 years on a new bike). So I guess I'll just go ahead and do it, and then disconnect it when its checkup time.

Kilbane83

Member With Members
Reaction score
Visit site
There should be no legal problems.. factory it's "dual" if you have the brights on. I highly doubt there is a difference in the law for spacing if you have low or high beams on. And any cop that gives you a ticket for having the dual light mod is a douche. It's factory as far as anyone should be concerned. I've had cops comment on my headlight alignment because I kept the high beam pointed low (read factory setting) so when I use the high beams it doesn't blind people... so the lowbeam looks like it's kinda dim, but they've never said anything about it being illegal.

S

SidewallPuncture

I'm all for the safety minded group....if any cop gave you a tough time for some loophole in the law sytem, I would fight it in court on the basis of increased safety. Even if a small fine was levied and you still got convicted, to me thats a small price to pay to ensure my visibility and safety.

The lighting laws sometimes are there to prevent people, such as 4X4 enthusiasts from covering their trucks top to bottom in offroad lighting.