Exhaust Materials

Funky Larma

Reaction score
Visit site
I've not quite been visited by the mod fairies yet but I have been looking at different exhausts and wondered about the choice in material.

So I can see three different type available; aluminium, carbon fibre and titanium.
I can understand the price difference; alu being the cheaper but what would be the difference between the two 'wonder' materials?
Is there a performance gain from one to the other? Do they make a different exhaust note or is it just down to show?

trailblazer87

Curve Hound
Reaction score
Visit site
The difference would be weight (marginal at best), looks, tone, and cost. Wall thickness would be another difference.

Hope this helps:thumbup:

dako81

FZ Rider
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
The material differences are very minimal for street users, and are pretty much for show. In hardcore motogp racing where ounces of weight count, titanium and carbon fiber are lighter materials, but a little less heat resistant than the aluminum or stainless steel. These three materals are probably most common because they wont rust/corrode easily, and are all three lighter than stainless steel. For the street, it's about what look you want to pay for. That's my opinion.