Helmets

luckyirishboy209

custom fz6 foot peg maker
Reaction score
Visit site
what brand helment do you think is best. Arai, Shoei, Icon, Joe Rocket , Scorpion, Suomy?

Last edited by a moderator:

GConn

Squid hater
Reaction score
Visit site
Re: Helments

It is (almost) generally accepted that arai and shoei make better helmets. The term 'better' has a different definition for each person though. Some say they make them out of more comfy materials with better ventilation and stuff like that, while others will say that they are safer too.

Personally, I believe any helmet that you like and fits your head properly is as safe as it gets.

GConn

Squid hater
Reaction score
Visit site

I use and swear by AGV stealth :thumbup: and also highly recommend Nitro helmets as an awesome cheapie :D

I own the same helmets. A stealth and a cheap Nitro. The Nitro was given to me free with the bike purchase. Love the AGV but I hate the Nitro...feels too cheap :D Just my 2c

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

I own the same helmets. A stealth and a cheap Nitro. The Nitro was given to me free with the bike purchase. Love the AGV but I hate the Nitro...feels too cheap :D Just my 2c

I had/have a Nitro N-1000V which is pretty well up there in there range and didnt find it cheap feeling at all just suffered severe buffeting , which is all gone in the AGV it has blown me away how awesome they are....

GConn

Squid hater
Reaction score
Visit site

I had/have a Nitro N-1000V which is pretty well up there in there range and didnt find it cheap feeling at all just suffered severe buffeting , which is all gone in the AGV it has blown me away how awesome they are....

Different Nitro here. I have the cheapest of them all :D [/Thread jack] sorry

Steph

Bartender
Elite Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site

I've never personally had any of those helmets, but Vmax has the Scorpion exo 1000, it is falling apart after less than 1 season.

I personally LOVE my Gmax Chrome, it fits my head perfectly, no bobblehead (unless its really windy and I have my pigtails on) and no bits a pieces breaking off like the exo1000. My only complaint with the Gmax is after 3 seasons, the screen doesn't fit as good anymore and at high speed, there is a really freakin annoying whistle.

Sawblade

Hopped up on Mountain Dew
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

I'm sold on Shark. I almost knocked a shelf off the wall the first time I picked one up and it fits my square head perfectly. :D

W

wrightme43

Shark in testing makes a outstandingly protective helmet, quality finish, materials, and great construction.

I have a Soumy. Looks great, great materials but on the SHARP testing system it only gets 3 stars.

It fits my head well, and I like it, so it is what it is.

Search for Sharp helmet rating system and make your own decision.

Arai, Shoei, Shark, Suomy are all top brands.

GConn

Squid hater
Reaction score
Visit site

Shark in testing makes a outstandingly protective helmet, quality finish, materials, and great construction.

I have a Soumy. Looks great, great materials but on the SHARP testing system it only gets 3 stars.

It fits my head well, and I like it, so it is what it is.

Search for Sharp helmet rating system and make your own decision.

Arai, Shoei, Shark, Suomy are all top brands.

Sharp was bashed by part of the press that it is not so helpful and misleading. Especially Superbike magazine had pages of less than glorifying opinions on it in it's last 2 editions. IMO, it was bound to be bashed since many known high-end brands (Arai & Shoei for example) received 2-3 stars ratings. If that rating was justified or not, I have no clue.

clockworkjon

SUCKERS!
Reaction score
Visit site

I have an AGV Stealth too, small world.

I don't know what the "best" helmet out there is. There's so many brands with different fits and features that its impossible to name one. For example, I have a potato-shaped head. I tried on helmets from Shoei, Arai, Suomy, Joe Rocket, HJC, AGV, Scorpion, and Icon. The only ones that fit were the Arai Profile and AGV Stealth. The Stealth was $200 cheaper and I liked the visor system better. However, with the weather getting colder around here, the Arai Profile's built in chin curtain would have been nice!

b.konstadinos

LIVE TO RIDE TO LIVE
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

The one that is snell rated and fits you perfectly

:cheer:

+ 1 for me!!!! What fits you most. I have a Shoei X-11 or X-Spirit Kiyonari tc-5. I bought it after searching a lot. A little bit expensive tho. All the makes you mentioned make great helmets. Find the one that fits you!!! That's mine.

shoei-x11-kiyonari-tc5-fr.jpg

saveitk

Reaction score
Visit site

I bought the Shoei X-Eleven. I'm a taller guy which in turn leads to a bigger head :) . It fit me well, love all of the vents!

Jedi

Pillion Boy no more!!!
Reaction score
Visit site

My skidlid of choice is the Caberg V2...

cabergv2raceproductview.jpg

Five star Sharp rated, flip down sunvizor, anti fog and anti scratch visor, fits like a glove, quiet, doesn't whistle or leak, and costs a quarter of a top end Shoei so if I do go bash my head off the tarmac it doesn't rape my wallet.

Fz6Sa

SS1000 Veteran
Elite Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
www.youtube.com

what brand helment do you think is best. Arai, Shoei, Icon, Joe Rocket , Scorpion, Suomy?

I would have to say: SCHUBERTH (The R1) :D

But if I only had a choice amongst the listed ones, - I would go for Shoei. Mainly be course the shape of many of their helmets fits my head comfortably.

But again, - a helmet is a very individual item, so you really have to try it on to tell whats best for you, - just stay away from the low proced unapproved ones, - its the only skull you will ever get its protecting!!