Boneman's FZ6 MOD list

Boneman

Instructor
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.bonemanfz6.com
Hello all fellow FZ6 riders! Here is a link to the MODS section of my personal FZ6 web site: http://members.shaw.ca/fazed/mods.htm

The mods done to my '05 FZ6 include the following: (click on links from info and pics)

- FAZAR6's Fender Eliminator ** This should be every FZ6 owners 1st mod to do!! Best "bang for the buck"!!
- PUIG windscreen
- RIZOMA rear sets
- Watsen LED flush mount blinkers
- Yamaha Sub and Seat cowels
- LED brake lights
- LED 'POD' Lights
- AF1 frame sliders
- Xenon Bulbs
- Yamaha decals

Upcoming mods for May 2007 - Two Bros Carbon M2 VALVE slip-on cans!!! Counting down the days!!!!

I have done my best to provide detailed write-ups and pictures and I am more than happy to answer any questions reagrding these and other FZ6 mods.

WARNING: Once you start modding....it's hard to stop!!! Your pocket book may never fully recover from it!!

Cheers,

Dave

Last edited:

Admin

Staff member
Reaction score
Visit site
Seat Cowl

I love the seat cowl... How is it attached the seat... And does it come off easy for passengers?

Dennis

Boneman

Instructor
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.bonemanfz6.com
It's applied by two little "hooks" that grab under the seat. They grip under the seat and then attach to the seat cowel by 2 allen head bolts. Seat has to be removed to get it on or off.

It's a tad fiddley at times, but once it is on it's a very snug fit.

gmickey2001

Super Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Mods

OK just ordered the FAZAR6 fender eliminator kit you have and also the Uncaged sliders that wrightme43 has.

In a way I was avoiding the sliders because I'm afraid of a jinx. :rolleyes:

I know my wife is going to ask me why I need them. "Don't tell me you expect to crash!" :eek:

No way Babe :cool: I'm way too cool for that.

W

wrightme43

I used mine. LOL First drop in 10k miles. They saved me a bunch of trouble.

fz6xlr8r

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm going to a car/bike show tonight and I'm taking the FZ6. I put some DUNLOP racing decals on my swingarms and they look pretty cool. They give the bike some serious racing appeal. I also got some show LED's to put on it and I'll be doing that tomorrow while I help my old man put more chrome on his VTX 1800(Like it needs it.)LOL .I'd put a picture up on my quick reply but I don't know how. If anybody would like to tell me how that would be great.

gmickey2001

Super Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Fazar6 Fender Eliminator

Installed it today. It was easy, and looks great. It's simple, and when you take it out of the box, you say "Did I really pay $70 for this with shipping?"

But when you do the install, and see how well everything lines up, and how everything fits perfectly, I said "This guy spent the time and effort to get it right!"

I love spending money on something that is quality workmanship - $70 well spent!!!

JONAC

***** Contributor
Reaction score
Visit site
blinkers...

those blinkers look fantastic ... Do you really think they are bright enough for others to see ? hard to judge from your pics. Really finishes the front end off nicely though :thumbup:

Might consider some of those ;)

mattcouch

Reaction score
Visit site
Oh Yeah.....

Boneman,

You da man.....yet at the same time the last thing I need to see is all the extra stuff I can buy for my FZ6......

Thanks.

-Matt

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
It all looks great. I like your web site to. I just dont have the disposable income at the moment. I must get the wife out to work.

Boneman

Instructor
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.bonemanfz6.com
yeah I hear ya! Baby due in January 08 so my "toy" spending will be cut short. My Two Bros exhaust still eludes me though!!! arrghhh......

mattcouch

Reaction score
Visit site
Exhaust is in place. I'm going to try to do the flush mount blinkers next week. They should be at my door Tuesday.

Thanks again.....yet, not thanks. :thumbup:

-Matt