Did the Airbox mod.. pics...

YamahaMAXdRPMs

Jay- Tshirt Inventor Guy.
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
So i did the airbox mod the other day, wasnt happy with how it turned out (had a couple cuts where the dremel got loose and came out choppy) so i ordered a new box for $8 and had another go at it. Looks good this time, used some old tricks to make it work alot better....

how it looks stock
DSC04819.jpg

DSC04820.jpg

then i drilled out the area in which i wanted to cut (gave me a guide and made cutting with the dremel easier)
DSC04823.jpg

then i used the dremel cutting bit (looks like your normal drill bit) and made the initial cut
DSC04826.jpg

choppy, but this is how it will look before its cleaned up then did the same thing on the inside
DSC04827.jpg

now with the inside cut out
DSC04828.jpg

smoothed it out a little
DSC04831.jpg

DSC04832.jpg

then i got some scotch brite. (brillow pad like product) and sanded it down a little bit to make it look even cleaner

then the install.
DSC04833.jpg

you can see the airbox perfectly, unfortunately in this picture the lighting is bad and its shadowed. it looks alot better and adds a nice sound. very noticable difference

oldfast007

Thread Killer
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Looks good! Did mine last year, wasn't too impressed seems to bog a little more on the low end, but a bit peppier on the top end, after reading about the calculations used to to determine the air box volume and resonance, I will be eventually going back to stock with maybe a better air cleaner.

Report back on your findings...