survey of first sevice cost

W

wrightme43

Under 30 for oil/filter Mobil one and Pure one. I already had chain lube, but since bought Duponts Teflon chain lube under 5$, Cable luber and Cable lube on clearance 12$, already had aircompressor.

Usually under 30$
I did have to pay a stupid tax of 96$ for spark plugs that I thought were a fuel injection issue.
So if you get to 8000 mile replace your plugs.

W

wrightme43

Just my way of saying I am dumb ***.

Like the lottery is a stupid tax.
Its a tax on being stupid that you only have to pay if you want to be stupid.

trailblazer87

Curve Hound
Reaction score
Visit site
Mine cost $200 but my throttle bodies were out of alignment and had to get adjusted. It was running real crappy, and after it runs like a top.:D

craig007

Reaction score
Visit site
$174 for the 500 mile service and I just paid $105 for the 4000 service. Although the manual doesn't tell you to change the oil till 8000 miles, they talked me into changing it anyway. It is a lot smoother now...

crazy_canuck

Reaction score
Visit site
There are not many Yamaha dealers close to me or my work so I chose the closest, bad decision. It took 2 weeks to get in and then they charged $240! I will never take it back to that shop that is for sure :Flip:

DefyInertia

Former '04 FZ6 Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm at around 14,000 miles and have done all maintenance myself.

The only time a dealer ever touched my bike was for the TPS and locknut recalls (they blew a fuse in the process and sent me off without headlights -- good thing I checked the bike over before leaving theri property!).

My bike runs great and has been extremely cheap to maintain! Dealerships make good money on these "service" intervals that is for sure.
________
LIVE SEX WEBSHOWS

Last edited:

Chaosratt

Reaction score
www.computing.zone
$250, but thats with parts and labor to replace the oil pump cover that was damaged in my wreck. Its nice though, the dealership gave me $150 coupon because I was 2 weeks over the "one month" for service. So now its going to be $100 for the first service + oil cover.

I figure theres going to be some other work as well, it hasn't been running very smooth the last few weeks.

I'll know in 3-5 days how it turns out :(

Roboco

Reaction score
Visit site
To do the first service yourself, you just focus on the following?
Oil/Filter
Cable Lube
Tire Pressure
Chain Lube/Tension
Nut/Bolt Check

CC32

Reaction score
Visit site
For "first service" at 600 mi, dealer quoted me $120 and charged $130. Didn't even provide an itemized list of what they did. Next nearest dealer is 50 mi away. From now on I will change my own oil.

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
6000 mile service

I have been quoted £160.00 + vat 17.5% for this service (includes a loan bike for the two days its in the shop). £125.00 + Vat from my original dealer. I just want a second opinion on the tapping noise:banghead::banghead:

Last edited: