Hand guards!!! YAY!!!!

W

wrightme43

Ok with the mounting kit that you have to buy as well these will work on our bikes no problems. You have to move the master cyl, and clutch perch towards center a little bit but everything fits and works fine.

If you fingers are freezing this is a great fix, that is easily removable come warm weather again.
It looks goofy as hell, but it is in keeping with the whole urban assualt vehicle concept. They do not come in flat black so that was right out. Honda red, Yami blue, or Zuki white.

Test ride at 70mph for 30 minutes and I am typing right now. LOL Works very well. You do have to tape up the ventilation holes but its no biggy.

They have a really nice mount system that is two piece goes around the bars, and then sticks straight out to mount the guard to.

eBay Motors: UFO Claw MX Blue Hand Brush Guards MX ATV CR RM YZ KX (item 370074293837 end time Nov-30-08 10:01:38 PST)=

And Jennifer Anniston in a french maids outfit just because I felt like it.

Ghost Weim

Time to ride!!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Write me - hope you know I was just teasing... I was actually looking for some hand guards that would look relatively ok with the FZ6 in the winter and remove them (like Reiobard said) in warmer weather - something to cut the wind would be great.

Do you think you could paint them black and have the paint stick?

W

wrightme43

LOL no problems at all man.
I thought the same thing. Hence the YAY!!!!! LOL

Yes you could paint them, but they are going to take lots of rock hits. I dont know how it will hold up.

krid80

journeyman of epic status
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.surdykeharley.com
LOL no problems at all man.
I thought the same thing. Hence the YAY!!!!! LOL

Yes you could paint them, but they are going to take lots of rock hits. I dont know how it will hold up.

STT_Spain_9r.jpg

I think these would fit the look better.

Last edited:
W

wrightme43

Pic didnt come thru man.

They test out good down to 18 degrees in the dark. So far.

McLovin

plain evil
Reaction score
Visit site
I think it looks good, and this is way cheaper than getting winter gloves...

nice one with jennifer...

can you post pics of the mounting points???

AdamDJ

Reaction score
Visit site
Forgive my ignorance but what is the point of hand guards? To keep debris from hitting your hands?

W

wrightme43

LOL I posted this last winter. I will reinstall them again soon. I think I may have to mod a bit to make them work with the convertibars though. master cyl is tight to the bar now.

I will post some pics in a when I get them back on the bike.

Basicly a simple two part aluminum clamp with a square alum bar to mount the gaurd to.

If you can invison a circle cut in half with bolt holes and a bar you got the mount down.

W

wrightme43

They keep the 14 degree air plus 70mph wind chill off your hands. Your in AZ though so not much use there huh? LOL

RedFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
Nice job writeme, I was thinking about the same idea, but finding the hand guards that doesn't look like a dirt bike was the hard part.
would you mind posting more photos from the other side of the guards?