'06 side covers on an '07?

jeff in ohio

Reaction score
Visit site
hmmm. I really do want to go thru the hassle of painting my '07 sidecovers red, so I was wondering if anyone tried to slap on the solid red ones from an '06 (paint codes are teh same). The part numbers are vastly different between the 2 years. Usually when just the color changes, they incrememnt one of the last digits, but in this case, the whole number is different. The parts appear to be the same size and shape, only the monuting pins might have changed. Any ideas? They run about $40/side

thanks

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
hmmm. I really do want to go thru the hassle of painting my '07 sidecovers red, so I was wondering if anyone tried to slap on the solid red ones from an '06 (paint codes are teh same). The part numbers are vastly different between the 2 years. Usually when just the color changes, they incrememnt one of the last digits, but in this case, the whole number is different. The parts appear to be the same size and shape, only the monuting pins might have changed. Any ideas? They run about $40/side

thanks
If your ordering from a store they may let you try before you buy. Its worth a shot. Do you know anyone with an 06 model? Try one of theirs.

where did you get the paint codes from? I need to sort my tank out 06 Silver & Black. Any help would be appriciated.

Neil

gr8eyes

Reaction score
Visit site
Jeff is that 40 dollars retail? If so Give Gary McCoy at University Motors a call 701-235-6478. I bet it would be in the 25-30 range.

Perryn you might contact Colorite for the paint codes. They may actully be on their website.

Glenn

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
:thumbup:Cheers mate, I tried colorite. I can only find 05 colours. Thanks for the thought though.

Ironhide

Reaction score
Visit site
If your ordering from a store they may let you try before you buy. Its worth a shot. Do you know anyone with an 06 model? Try one of theirs.

where did you get the paint codes from? I need to sort my tank out 06 Silver & Black. Any help would be appriciated.

Neil
Parts for Yamaha FZ6-SA FAZER 600 (ABS) 2006 FUEL TANK
001 YA00361097 FUEL TANK COMP. - DEEP PURPLISH BLUE DPBMC
001 YA00361098 FUEL TANK COMP. - DEEP RED METALLIC DRMK
001 YA00361096 FUEL TANK COMP - DARK GRAY METALLIC DNMB
001 YA00361095 FUEL TANK COMP. - BLUISH SILVER BS4

Text in red is the color code. hope this helps

OEM Motorparts - Yamaha - FZ6-SA FAZER 600 (ABS) - 2006 - FUEL TANK