Fake or not?

GConn

Squid hater
Reaction score
Visit site
Found what seems to be a good deal, A* SP-1 for GBP29.99. When I see China I think fake. Anyone bought stuff from these guys before?

Link1 Link2 Link3

So, I'd like to know what you guys think. Fake or not fake?

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
How about this answer, real knock-offs?

I bet they are real, but they are not approved by Alpinestar. I've heard that many off the knock-offs are made during an extra after-hour shift.

So the workers hang out for an hour or two after the offical shift is over and make some more for the blackmarket.

Being that these are from China my guess is they are.

The gloves are probably fine but my concern would be giving any payment information to someone in China. Call me paranoid but I've have a debit card number show up in several Eastern European countries. That was a mess to get solved.

tom5796

Fizshizzle
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I've spent a lot of time in China and have visited all the knock-off places, and would be very cautious with any textiles, except maybe a belt. For fun I bought a couple pairs of Puma sneakers and while they certainly look like the same thing, the quality of materials and construction is sub-par. Same with shirts. I also just checked my SP-1s and they are made in Vietnam. Astars may have changed vendors to China but for something that could protect you I'd stick to the known entity.

GConn

Squid hater
Reaction score
Visit site
How about this answer, real knock-offs?

I bet they are real, but they are not approved by Alpinestar. I've heard that many off the knock-offs are made during an extra after-hour shift.

So the workers hang out for an hour or two after the offical shift is over and make some more for the blackmarket.

Being that these are from China my guess is they are.

The gloves are probably fine but my concern would be giving any payment information to someone in China. Call me paranoid but I've have a debit card number show up in several Eastern European countries. That was a mess to get solved.

Thanks for the input. I bought a pair just for fun. This is not the first time I am doing this. I buy stuff, if it's fake you threaten you'll report them for counterfeit items and they refund. They usually don't bother asking you to return the product. Got too many electronic items like that, for free :Flip: Well call me evil...bwahahahaha :eek:

If it's fake I'll prolly get my money back, if it's a good pair I'll keep them after paying what seems to be a fair price.

Tom, thanks for the info, that's what I thought myself but after checking my Alpinestars GP pro (older model) I found out they were made in china. And these are not knock offs :)

mlevins77

Needs beer
Reaction score
Visit site
Just always make sure you use Paypal for something like that...it gives you a platform to complain about and Paypal will GET your money for you. It's a process but I've gotten many ripped DVD's like that for free. :eek: E-VIL??? Nah...just taking advantage of the people who are doing wrong in the first place.

Still...let us know how it all turns out.

Thanks for the input. I bought a pair just for fun. This is not the first time I am doing this. I buy stuff, if it's fake you threaten you'll report them for counterfeit items and they refund. They usually don't bother asking you to return the product. Got too many electronic items like that, for free :Flip: Well call me evil...bwahahahaha :eek:

If it's fake I'll prolly get my money back, if it's a good pair I'll keep them after paying what seems to be a fair price.

Tom, thanks for the info, that's what I thought myself but after checking my Alpinestars GP pro (older model) I found out they were made in china. And these are not knock offs :)

GConn

Squid hater
Reaction score
Visit site
Just always make sure you use Paypal for something like that...it gives you a platform to complain about and Paypal will GET your money for you. It's a process but I've gotten many ripped DVD's like that for free. :eek: E-VIL??? Nah...just taking advantage of the people who are doing wrong in the first place.

Still...let us know how it all turns out.

:thumbup: will do

EDIT: I always use paypal, I'd never attempt this without it.

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
regardless they look like real leather, all stitching is double stitched and they look like quality knockoffs if they are knockoffs at all, go for it.

also Keira has gotten some smokin' deals like this from Newenough.com since A-star was blowing out their discontinued models for like $10 a pair. They seem to give away anything that they don't want to make anymore, so that is another explanation.