something to keep in the back of your mind...

YamahaMAXdRPMs

Jay- Tshirt Inventor Guy.
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
just as a tip, i figured this out today.. was workin under the tank a little, when you have the tank ****ed back a litttle too far with bungies (not tight, but with a little tension) there is a pin under your seat. Its located right where you slide the front of your seat under the lip. This pin will start to bend if too much pressure is applied! i learned this after 30 min of trying to figure out why my seat wouldnt lock anymore.. ripped the tool kit out, scratched my head and swore a little, then saw the bent pin. It seems like its there for the tank to specifically rest on, but when you use bungies (as i said not even under pressure) it will start to bend down, making the seat hard to slide all the way forward thus not allowing it to lock in :thumbup:
DSC04809-1.png

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
good tip, thanks for the heads up.

How much fuel did you have?

This is also why i always prop up the tank rather than tie it back if i have to get under there.

W

wrightme43

I just take it off everytime. It solves all sorts of problems.
Sorry that happened.

mastakilla

Reaction score
Visit site
thanks for the info. This is exactly why I have the folks over at my dealership do all the maintenance :)

YamahaMAXdRPMs

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
dont get me wrong, its cake to fix it, just get a pair of pliers and bend it back, i just meant have that in the back of your mind if your seat doesnt clip in after workin under the tank :thumbup:

and i only had about 2 bars worth of gas left :confused: so i know weight wasnt an issue

YamahaMAXdRPMs

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I use bungy straps every time but never had that happen ?

i actually had it happen twice, when i did the juice box i put the seat on to make sure it would fit ok, had the tab problem, then took it all back apart to do the duel headlight mod, and had it happen again when i put it all back together, i used only one bungie but it was hella long, i only had to stretch it about 3" on each side. maybe thats why. do you guys pull the tank back and stretch the bungie to it.. or hold the tank up and let the weight of it stretch the bungie?