New England Meet (Winter without bikes)

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Any interest in getting together this winter? Maybe Jan or Feb while our bikes are stored? No idea where to meet or what we'd do other than party. Thought I'd suggest it and throw it out here to see what you all think.

Place? Activities? Dates? Thoughts?

I don't ski at all but I can snowtube and drink a lot! Maybe we can pitch for renting a place with a large hall/conference room/party area? Get group rates on renting a bunch of rooms there?

Speak up people!

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
a bunch of us could split one of those huge rooms at the place that we stayed for the summer meet, not the room we stayed in, but the huge loft room. split 8-10 ways it would be dirt cheap, even during skiing season.

Keira could make beer runs all night since she can't drink "in her condition"

FZ1inNH

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
We could get two of those rooms if needed. :D We'd be right across from Loon Mtn. I can check into this if you all want. Since I am an owner, you already know I get great discounts!

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
We could get two of those rooms if needed. :D We'd be right across from Loon Mtn. I can check into this if you all want. Since I am an owner, you already know I get great discounts!

Dosen't have to be that place, but it was nice, close to ski areas AND we already know you get a good discount ;)

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
BTW... $16 per hour for tubing and they only allow their tubes!

that's pretty steep... but if their tubes are decent and the lift is fast then maybe 2 hours of tubing and 22 hours of drinking/hanging out? maybe they will offer a group rate if we get enough people. Keira, can't tube anyway.

FZ1inNH

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
that's pretty steep... but if their tubes are decent and the lift is fast then maybe 2 hours of tubing and 22 hours of drinking/hanging out? maybe they will offer a group rate if we get enough people. Keira, can't tube anyway.

I'm sure we can find enough to keep her busy there. ;)

That timeline sounds FINE to me!

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I am sure that \"condition\" is self limiting...;-)

I don't think you are supposed to do lots and lots of bumpy things while preggo's we might skip out on the tubbing ( I would be a good hubby) and i am sure we could find something to do in the area for a couple hours.

dankatz

Commuter
Reaction score
Visit site
9 months is all I meant...
Ethanol was used as a tocolytic in the 60's and 70's, to stop contractions and relax the uterus. As far as I know, it does not cause early labor. It DOES cause FAS and does it in dose response fashion.

keira

Mrs. Reiobard
Reaction score
Visit site
9 months is all I meant...
Ethanol was used as a tocolytic in the 60's and 70's, to stop contractions and relax the uterus. As far as I know, it does not cause early labor. It DOES cause FAS and does it in dose response fashion.

the bumping my way down a mountain is the bigger concern for the latter two worries, as is crashing and somersaulting my way down 2/3 of the run.

chuckfz6ryder

Reaction score
Visit site
bump

It's January already, cold and snowy, bike is getting lonely. Any thoughts on getting together soon or is this going to fall through?
I'm busy on Jan 17, 25-28, Feb 6-8, other than that, I'm ready to party!:cheer:

FZ1inNH

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
We might be able to pull something off but I doubt it will be at the resort. It will be very hard to get the loft rooms during the ski season on such short notice. I can call, but I'd need monitary commitments from people before reserving the room(s) there. Thoughts? Maybe a more neutral place? I'm open for ideas.