Another UK newbie, what year have I bought?

brownie

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello all,

Been lurking for a while and have learnt a lot from all your posts so thought I'd better say hello. :D

Although my bike is a UK bike on an 07 plate, registered in march 07, obviously it's not an 07 model. Could it be an 06? Any info gratefully received. :)

Scorphonic

No Man is an Ireland.
Reaction score
Visit site
It looks very much like an 06 model alright but it could easily be an 05. I do know of some 06 models that have a black engine and black frame...but I would say that its an 06.

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hello all,

Been lurking for a while and have learnt a lot from all your posts so thought I'd better say hello. :D

Although my bike is a UK bike on an 07 plate, registered in march 07, obviously it's not an 07 model. Could it be an 06? Any info gratefully received. :)
Hi mate, welcome to the site. I believe that the engine number should give you an indication of the year of manufacture. Where are you in the UK?

W

wrightme43

Look on the steering head. It will have a manufacture date. Usually after month 8 of a year the bike is the next model year. Prior to it is the year stated.

brownie

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for the replies, much appreciated.

I've now confirmed looking at the engine and chassis numbers it is a 2006 model, very very happy considering it's got under 1k miles on and what I paid. :D

Scottoiler, tail tidy, smoked rear brake light and clear lenses going on Saturday.

I'm in Swindon Wiltshire if anyone fancies meeting up sometime. :)

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for the replies, much appreciated.

I've now confirmed looking at the engine and chassis numbers it is a 2006 model, very very happy considering it's got under 1k miles on and what I paid. :D

Scottoiler, tail tidy, smoked rear brake light and clear lenses going on Saturday.

I'm in Swindon Wiltshire if anyone fancies meeting up sometime. :)
Mate your just down the road, Im in Reading. I would be more than happy to meet up.
Did you get your bike from George White?
Neil.

brownie

Reaction score
Visit site
Did you get your bike from George White?

The previous owner bought it from GW in Swindon however the owner quickly swapped it for an R6. :rolleyes: A lot of people have good things to say about GW although I had a bad experience with them and won't spend any more money with them ;)

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
The previous owner bought it from GW in Swindon however the owner quickly swapped it for an R6. :rolleyes: A lot of people have good things to say about GW although I had a bad experience with them and won't spend any more money with them ;)
What was your experience with them?

Last edited: