Signed up for my first trackday! Hellz Yeahz

Wavex

Lazy Mod :D
Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah, John has a trailer, but only for 2 bikes if I am not mistaken...

Hope to see you there! :rockon:

poorwboy

Reaction score
Visit site
I was just asking because I can not imagine riding a track day and riding home. I have a truck I can throw the the bike into.

How much did it cost you the website is not working?

Wavex

Reaction score
Visit site
The website works fine here... you can`t connect to it at all?

Total for Saturday was $140.00 (after 20% discount by entering "MarkD20off" in the coupon field). :D

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Site worked for me, should be fun! That Buell is going to eat that track up!

maverick1970

Reaction score
Visit site
Cool man have a great time, and I must say this because no one told me my first track day. As confidence builds, don't push yourself too hard too fast!!!! Relax it's your first track day. I've got a story behind that of course, but I'm not going to waste everyone's time with the boring details.

Wavex

Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah I`ve been told already, thanks!

I really want to take it easy, even though I know myself... as laps go by, I will feel more and more confident and I know will want to push it... I can`t break the Buell.... NOT YET PLEASE MOTORCYCLE GODS!!! :D

That guy:
View attachment 10059

... did his first trackday recently as well, and found out it was not a good idea to keep track of your laptimes the first time you do a trackday... he also mentioned it`s a bad idea to try to put a knee down just to be able to say you did LOL

On the bright side, his frame/fork/swingarm sliders did their job, and I have the same setup...... hehe

Any other advice is welcome :)

Cali rider

Reaction score
Visit site
...Any other advice is welcome :)

Ok, here's some: Tip your chauffeur, bring your cameras (still and video) and enjoy the day!!
BTW, I signed up in "B" to accommodate Phil (sand.fiend from GC). If he doesn't sign up, I'll ride in A.

Anyone else in SoCal, this is probably the last practical trackday weekend to ride in 08. Come out and ride, this is a great track and organization.

Wavex

Reaction score
Visit site
Ok, here's some: Tip your chauffeur, bring your cameras (still and video) and enjoy the day!!
BTW, I signed up in \"B\" to accommodate Phil (sand.fiend from GC). If he doesn't sign up, I'll ride in A.

Anyone else in SoCal, this is probably the last practical trackday weekend to ride in 08. Come out and ride, this is a great track and organization.

Awesome John! I will definitely bring my still/video cameras! It`ll work great since we won`t be in the same group :) I will make a sweet video of the whole day... hopefully I can find a few good spots to film you from different angles... oh and with the 50-300mm lense on the Canon, it`ll be perfect! I can`t wait :cheer:
BTW, how about I take the GoPro camera too? we could mount it on your R1 or something... that would rock to have a 2nd angle from the bike!

Finally, is thrusday OK to come check the trailer? I can be there at noon...

MarinaFazer

Wonderbread
Reaction score
www.jwci.org
My first day started with a whole lot of downshifting before turns using the engine to slow down...by the end of the day, it was braking...hard, then turn in looking through the turns. I afew times I got target fixation on the inside of the turn and rode it...no bueno. Looking through is going to improve and you're going to LOVE LOVE LOVE being able to see through each and every turn unlike being unsure in a canyon.

Oh: and please DISCONNECT your taillight. People had tape over them, but a few were still connected and visibly distracting. And take out your headlight bulbs if you can. It was annoying to see those not following the rules...but as long as you do.

oh2: if you do something "bad" and you know it (Like I did passing on the inside), if they black flag you, own up to it and don't argue. The guy who pulled me off told my coach he was surprised by how fast I admitted to it and knew what I did (only safe option) and he let me out on the track after missing maybe 30 seconds....(apparently a lot of people argue against it)

DefyInertia

Former '04 FZ6 Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
:Flip: :D

Will you be in SF by then? JOIN US!!!

No seriously, so manny people just run straight off and end up lowsiding in the grass (causing a lot of damange) when their front tucks. Just look and commit. Anyway...

The 6th will be my first full Saturday in SF so I'm going to stick around. Keep me in the loop though.

Looking forward to the quality videos and photos :thumbup:

Cali rider

Reaction score
Visit site
...BTW, how about I take the GoPro camera too? we could mount it on your R1 or something... that would rock to have a 2nd angle from the bike!
Sounds fine to me, although we should test fit and record before the trackday to verify focus, vibration, etc.
Finally, is thrusday OK to come check the trailer? I can be there at noon...
No problem, I'll be here.