Seat pads?

shaggystyle

Hummingbird slayer.
Reaction score
Visit site
has anyone had any luck with a seat pad (something like this: Pro Pad Gel Seat Pad :: New Enough Motorcycle Hard Parts). I got hit with a bad case of cabin fever last night and decided it was time for a vacation. So I'm taking the bike on it's first long trip. I was planning on getting a new seat in the future, but this being a spur of the moment thing, I don't have enough time to order one before I go. I was thinking maybe I could pick up a seat pad as a temporary solution, but they just don't really look like much. Has anyone tried one before? Any other possible suggestions for making my trip more comfortable?

W

wrightme43

From the sport touring sites, I have read that the spandex bicycle shorts with the gel inserts are cheaper and better. I dont know that it is true, because I have not tested either one.

shaggystyle

Hummingbird slayer.
Reaction score
Visit site
Good call on the bicycle shorts. I stopped on the way home yesterday and picked a pair up. Took them for a trial last night (100+ miles without my feet coming off the pegs) and it really helped. The padding doesn't cover all of my behind (let the big *** jokes begin), but it did cover enough to make a big difference. It's still not as good as a corbin seat would have been but I imagine it'll help me out a lot. The only down side was that my "boys" were awfully snug, I may need to devise a method for giving them some more breathing room.

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site