R6 Front Wheel

Kilbane83

Member With Members
Reaction score
Visit site
So I'm running near E.O.L. for my Diablo Strada's, around 9k miles on them. Fantastic tires. They wore very well, no squaring off, and handled superb. I'm looking at Diablo Corsa III, possibly Diablo Rosso, or maybe Bt16's. Haven't done alot of shopping yet. I have a R6 fender that I need to put on, which requires me getting a R6 Front Tire. I did all the comparrisons and checked the manuals it should be fine.

FRONT
FZ6 Rim: 17 M/C x MT 3.5
R6 Rim: 17 M/C x MT 3.5

FZ6 Profile: 120/70ZR17
R6 Profile: 120/60ZR17

REAR
FZ6 Rim: 17M/C x MT 5.5
R6 Rim: 17M/C x MT 5.5

FZ6 Profile: 180/55ZR17
R6 Profile: 180/55ZR17

So, the only difference is the R6 front tire is a little shorter than the fz6. And that's the heart of the question, what's that going to do to handling? Did a bit of research and couldn't come up with an answer to that.

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
the shorter tire at the same width, will turn in a bit slower as the angle will be not as steep. they should work though as the difference is only 11mm (if my math is correct) at the sidewall and should only be slightly off at the crest.

GConn

Squid hater
Reaction score
Visit site
If it's exclusively for street use I'd say go for the BT016. The others are great tires too, but If I am not mistaken they do not use dual comound. Multiple compound tires are the way to go IMO (for street use)

EDIT: For your actual question I don't really have an answer :)

Last edited: