Posting pictures help please!

FooFazer

Reaction score
Visit site
1st off appologies for being a thickie, but how do I post a picture of my bike on this forum?
I have gone to the gallery page, clicked the upload photo button, filled in the boxes but when I click the select files button, nothing happens.
I have looked at the help page and still cannot work it out!
I did a search on how to post pictures without any results.
I have a Picassa account, is this ok or do I have to open a Photobucket account and link them to there?
Thanks in advance,

Steph

Bartender
Elite Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Are you trying to post in a thread or in your gallery? Riddle me this, then I can help you out :D

Steph

Bartender
Elite Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Ok, I will do the how to on posting in a thread first.
For a picture on your computer
When you are in the reply window, you will see a paperclip in the top options, click it.
A window will pop up and you can hit browse to find the picture you want to post on your computer. When you find the picture, double click it and you will come back to the "manage attachments" window. If you only want to add 1 photo, you are done, hit upload and wait for the picture to be uploaded. You will know that they have uploaded when they show up as attachments in the manage attachments window.
If you want to add 2 or more, just browse again on the next one down, just don't hit upload until you have all the pictures you want up there.

FooFazer

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks Steph, I will get to it later when I have downsized my pictures.:D

Steph

Bartender
Elite Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks Steph, I will get to it later when I have downsized my pictures.:D

No prob! I will have to bow out of telling you how to make a gallery because I did it so long ago, I forget how. I only know how to add to mine :tard: :rof:

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I have gone to the gallery page, clicked the upload photo button, filled in the boxes but when I click the select files button, nothing happens.
That's the way I used to do it, but with the last forum software upgrade it doesn't work for me either anymore (I'm using Firefox on a Mac)
Thank you Steph for posting those alternate instructions, I've never tried it that way before and it worked fine! Finally have an entry in the BOTM now too! :rockon: :cheer:

Nick J

Reaction score
Visit site
Ok, I will do the how to on posting in a thread first.
For a picture on your computer
When you are in the reply window, you will see a paperclip in the top options, click it.
A window will pop up and you can hit browse to find the picture you want to post on your computer. When you find the picture, double click it and you will come back to the \\"manage attachments\\" window. If you only want to add 1 photo, you are done, hit upload and wait for the picture to be uploaded. You will know that they have uploaded when they show up as attachments in the manage attachments window.
If you want to add 2 or more, just browse again on the next one down, just don't hit upload until you have all the pictures you want up there.

OK. I'm trying this out.