Revision to riding in the rain

hunterfz6

Reaction score
Visit site
I was caught in the rain today. I rode my bike to my wifes work as we were taking a trip to Lexington to visit a friend. So on our way back we went to drop me off to my bike then I would return home. Just as soon as I got my helmet put on, the rain starting coming down. It wasnt as scary as I thought it would be. Although I was super careful turning , starting, stopping etc, I didnt notice any adverse affect at all. One humerous note though, I was passing a guy on a Harley Davidson, he was doing about 45, and I can understand it, the rain hits you kind of like little pebbles, he of course had no helmit on, a denim jacket and no gloves, it had to be murder for him. LOL full face helmet FTW!!!. I love riding by harley riders and be the one saying, stupid squid!

hunterfz6

Reaction score
Visit site
sorry

Yeah I guess you can feel my anger towards them. It is due to a really good friend of mine who rides a harley, and he pretty much gave me the feeling that he is many times more superior than I am cause I ride a rice burner. It kind of gives me the feeling that people who ride harleys look down on anyone on any other bike. I think that is bull crap, as I feel that we all ride on 2 wheels. I'm sure that harley has parts made in japan, china and taiwan. A moral stand made just because your machine is Made in america, there is no made in america anymore. Anyway, it was humerous to see the harley riding, I dont need no helmet dude getting pulmeled by the rain, bet he thinks about that in the future.

S

sportrider

I find that type of comment amusing as a Harley rider.

it is not Us against THEM..... we are all on bikes with the wind in our face.

:thumbup:
+1 I agree!!! I've meet some of the coolest people that were Harley riders. to me there easier to have a conversation with then the "Sportbike" crowd. I'm out there to have fun and enjoy the roads/scenery its not to often the guys at the local sportbike stops open up when you say "Hi" the H-D riders always are good to share a story or were a good road is. I may joke on Harleys from time to time, but thats just for fun kinda like the chevy vs ford games. anyways thats my 2 cents:)

mikebike

just a rider
Reaction score
www.crazyguyonabike.com
I am sure there are nice guys and jerks on both sides... and on the Harley forum they are not kind to sport bike riders...

I just try to temper it... when I can.

maybe cuz I ride both....

I can take the jokes ...no worries there

well enough typing.... I am going to give my baby a bath

ant_mb

Super *********
Reaction score
Visit site
Glad to see you finally poped your rain cherry Hunterfz6.

I find riding in the rain to be alot of fun. last time it rained here I put over 100 miles on the bike, just for the hell of it.

hunterfz6

Reaction score
Visit site
hmm

now that i think about it, i wasnt picking on the guy because he was riding a harley, it was because he was a squid, you know, no helmet, no gloves, no jacket. just pants, shoes, shirt with denim jacket. just so you know, no hard feelings. a squid is a squid on a sport bike or a harley.