tyre feathering

aussiejules

Elite Member
Premium Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I know there is heaps on tyres but i cant find that anyone has reported tyre feathering. My front tyre is starting to feather and not just on the edges, like a car does when tyres are flat, but right along the tread. This is worrying me, is this a normal trait or have i got something wrong. I am still on my original tyres, with 7000km on them.

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I know there is heaps on tyres but i cant find that anyone has reported tyre feathering. My front tyre is starting to feather and not just on the edges, like a car does when tyres are flat, but right along the tread. This is worrying me, is this a normal trait or have i got something wrong. I am still on my original tyres, with 7000km on them.

I reckon your front has just reached it's use by date, it has "gone off", my OEM front started doing the same thing at about the same km's, time for a new front tyre Mr Jules...

:thumbup:

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Yep it sure sounds like its cactus , time to look into a new MRF tyre :don'tknow: i've heard they are the next big thing..... I always thought they just made Sachin Tendulkar's cricket bats.......

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Yep it sure sounds like its cactus , time to look into a new MRF tyre :don'tknow: i've heard they are the next big thing..... I always thought they just made Sachin Tendulkar's cricket bats.......

I think that Hump's is the agent for MRF in Australia! Lol!

I would love to see some reviews...

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Might have to hit the tyre with the sander, no money for tyre at the moment.

Lol.....you could buy mine cheap, then i could get a Pilot Power 2ct for the front, to match the Pilot Power 2ct i am about to put on the back...

My present front tyre is a almost new Michelin Pilot Road 2ct.....perfect for your needs Mr Jules!