Cardo Wireless Scala Teamset

githianki

Reaction score
Visit site
Not a terribly good reviewer, so bear with me. I will get some pics later tonight I hope too.

So I have had these in my possesion now for a few months. Time for a little review of them. Got the basic teamset in the even I have a passenger I can talk to them. Plus I still have the option to talk to other people who have other Scala Models (so far its just me). It links up with either my ZUMO 550, or my Phone. No issues there at all. In fact it has linked up with every phone I have gotten to try it with. I use a Nokia Music Express now, but had a motorola W490 before this and tried it with a few other peoples phones just see how compatible it was.

So here goes:

Rider to passenger communication: :thumbup::rockon:

This thing is the **** 99% of the time....well once you get a hang of the buttons...and get used to it finding channels. Crstal clear talking between me and passenger up to about 85MPH...then you have to yell. You both can talk simultaneously, no waiting for them to stop and some singal saying its OK to talk now. Just blab away like you normally would. OK..back to the buttons and channel finding.
Its a pretty simple to use set for rider-passenger comm. Push a button and it beeps, start talking. Which is great...BUT...and I don't know if its supposed to do this or not. It almost seems like it constantly changes channels between the two units. You will be talking fine, then click, beep, silence,speach resumes again. And in the event there is another bluetooth device open in the area, it will dump you and try to connect with that one, dumping you both.(I think) Only reason I can come up with. The other reason the passenger gets dumped (at least to me) is when the GPS needs to give directions. This is where the buttons suck. I use it all the time, so I know where all the buttons are...no prob. Passengers though fumble around with it and I usually have to pull over and hit the button for them.

Rider to phone/gps communication::rockon::rockon::thumbup::rockon: :rockon:

I have yet to have any major issues at all when its just me, the GPS and my phone. Just have to make sure you turn the headset on last with the Zumo. Otherwise the phone will never connect to the GPS...which is probly a GPS issue more then anything else. The volume on this thing is nuts. Even with earplugs in. If I turn it all the way up, its too loud. Plus whats nice, its get louder as the ambient volume turns up. So when your stopped or going slow, it quiets right down. Go faster and it gets louder. So no issues with it volume wise for my music. The mic on this is great too. 99% of the time if someone calls me and Im on the bike, they have no idea I'm even on it. Totally cancels out the outside noise. (would be interesting to see how it works on an open face lid) You have a few options to answer and make calls also. The ring tone comes through the speakers (with a few warning beeps, so it doesn't scare the crap out of you) . You can either say anything loud, or hit a button on the receiver, and it picks up. Dialing though, is either by voice command, or through the GPS, or stopping on the side of the road, and dialing by hand. Hanging up is done with a button on the unit, or just let the other person hang up. (A nice feature on the Zumo is that it finds my phones phonebook and call records, so I never have to even take the phone out of my pocket.)

Battery life: :thumbup::thumbup:

Plugs into the wall to charge. Full charge takes about 3-4 hours it seems. It has lasted me 9hrs on a full charge. Thats with music playing the whole time. So I would imagine with no music paying, and just listening to your GPS it would last alot longer.

Overall this is a pretty damned good little unit. I would reccomend it to anyone. It can be a little quirky, but once you figure out what makes it like that...its smooth sailing :)