Laser Quad Installed

bcityroller

Gear Whore
Reaction score
Visit site
Finally got my Laser exhaust this week and installed it Tues along with a FAZR6 FE. I'm happy with the final outcome of the installation - personally think it looks fantastic and sounds great without being too loud (I didn't install the dB killers). Lots of positive attention from the other bikers at work too.

I will say the "instructions" blew - no words, just some fuzzy pictures that kind of show you how it looks when assemlbed at various stages. Good thing an exhuast isn't ever going to be too tough, but they worked at it with the multiple-piece brackets and what not. Took about 3 hours with 2 sets of hands on the exhaust and another transferring the hardware to the FE, and that's without stopping to take pics as I went along. It's been referred to as an erector set by more than one person who's looked at it.

I loaded pics of the final result in the gallery here

Here's one so that I don't get stuck with:
:needpics:

watermark.php

bcityroller

Gear Whore
Reaction score
Visit site
Forgot to mention that I don't think it really sounds like the clips on YouTube (surprise) since I listened to them before I bought. Seems to have a deeper tone and not be as raspy. I haven't figured out a good way to record what I hear so no sounds clips yet.

hobbit

Short fat and hairy :))))
Reaction score
Visit site
hmmmm very tasty - conundrum that i have is new pipes/suspension/Apes/Sucide Shift for the HD, HC bigbore motor for the vstar trike, new pipes for the FZ6 now i can get the HD parts past the wife, its a struggle with the FZ

bcityroller

Gear Whore
Reaction score
Visit site
hmmmm very tasty - conundrum that i have is new pipes/suspension/Apes/Sucide Shift for the HD, HC bigbore motor for the vstar trike, new pipes for the FZ6 now i can get the HD parts past the wife, its a struggle with the FZ

I hear you - I just put new wheels on the car, the exhaust on the bike, and now I'm thinking it's time for a new rear shock and have the forks tuned but can't figure out how to sell that one to my wife yet

hobbit

Reaction score
Visit site
I hear you - I just put new wheels on the car, the exhaust on the bike, and now I'm thinking it's time for a new rear shock and have the forks tuned but can't figure out how to sell that one to my wife yet
forks and shock are easy - old oil in a syringe go for a ride come back stop before the house out of sight and squirt dirty oil around the seals let it run down the legs a bit, ride up to the hose and stomp about in the garage swearing loads when she come out to see whats going on point out the oil running down the fork legs, complain about hitting a big pot hole and that you think its busted the forks - hence the oil and you not sure if the rear shock has gone as well book it into suspension center - one set of tuned forks and rear shock :D not that i'm a sneaky SOB:p

hobbit

Reaction score
Visit site
oh one other thing if your wife has any mechanical knowlege this will not work as she will know it only needs fork seals, my wife is very knowledgable and way to observant to just swap them over would spot new pipes straight away then it would be my AIS on the line and the cases on the drive

bcityroller

Gear Whore
Reaction score
Visit site
My wife isn't too knowkedgeable about the bike - I'd be worried that she'd want me to sell it if she thought it broke going over a bump - it was hard enough to convince her I should get it in the first place

hobbit

Reaction score
Visit site
ok so the above is wrong and telling fibs to the better half is not good specially if you value your life it is not reccommended.
Bcityroller i hear what you say i am very lucky in that my wife is very accommodating and loves bikes specially customs ie HD, Yammies anything with lots of chrome in reality, but she understands winter kills them.

Last edited:

deljs

Reaction score
Visit site
:thumbup: Those look great!!! Congrats on the install.

I have craved laser quads since I first saw them. Oh well, guess I ought to make a bike payment or two before I try to tell the wife how the stock mufflers are already worn out and killing my gas mileage. ;)