Went for a ride today...

christod1

Just a member
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I live on the island of Rhodes in Greece and today I went for a little ride with a friend. We started from the northern tip of the island and rode to southern tip.
The weather was great. It was a nice sunny day with a temperature of 22 C or 73 F and we did about of 240 Km. There are some really great roads on the south part of the island where I really enjoyed the bike.They were the kind of roads that the FZ6 is made for. Wide, very good asphalt, long open turns and no traffic at all. I managed to get rid of some chicken strips...as Hellgate I believe put it on another thread. It was the longest time period I have ridden the bike, which was about 6 hours with a few stops. My first impression? My behind hurt after 4 hours. A lot. Other then that It was a great ride. I included some pics of the island and the bike of course...

b.konstadinos

LIVE TO RIDE TO LIVE
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Nice bike man. Cloudy weather here in athens today. I may visit your island next summer with my FZ ofcourse. Thinking of buying a more comfortable seat? :Sport:

christod1

Just a member
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Nice bike man. Cloudy weather here in athens today. I may visit your island next summer with my FZ ofcourse. Thinking of buying a more comfortable seat? :Sport:

That be cool if your came next summer. And yes, I'm not thinking about it, I will buy a new seat very soon...

Last edited:
J

jsteinb95

Cool pics Giannis....thanks for sharing.

You need to enter for bike of the month for next month! :thumbup:

christod1

Just a member
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Great pictures, it's awesome to go on a virtual visit to other locales through the camera of members on this forum. :thumbup:

I see you still have the TB's on. You're finally okay with the loudness or did you tame them down somehow?

Thanks. I couldn't let the TB's go. I like them too much. I haven't got around in doing anything about the noise yet. It does annoy me a little but I sort of have gotten used it now. What I have noticed and what most people with TB's on their bikes have noticed is that cagers do pay a lot more attention to me now....

christod1

Just a member
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Looks like a great ride!

I would love to do some sort of ride over seas at some point.

-bryan

Thanks. I would also love to do some sort of ride overseas as well. My brother in law has a FJR and last month he went for a ride with my sister from Rhodes Greece to Italy , Austria and Switzerland for two weeks. They had a great time...

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Great pics, I like the pic of Lindos from a distance. :thumbup:.

When I went on holiday there (about 8 years ago now) I remember the northern half of the Island having pretty good paved roads but the south was all gravel roads. We hired a Suzuki 4X4 (cage) so we could drive around the whole island. I don't think I would feel safe riding my bike around the south part, and would be seriously worried about stone chips :eek:.

christod1

Just a member
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Great pics, I like the pic of Lindos from a distance. :thumbup:.

When I went on holiday there (about 8 years ago now) I remember the northern half of the Island having pretty good paved roads but the south was all gravel roads. We hired a Suzuki 4X4 (cage) so we could drive around the whole island. I don't think I would feel safe riding my bike around the south part, and would be seriously worried about stone chips :eek:.

Thanks. They have paved all the southern side with really good asphalt .:Flash: