How to Remove FZ6 stock mirrors

MarinaFazer

Wonderbread
Reaction score
www.jwci.org
Can someone clue me in? I'd rather take them off for the track than tape them. But upon looking in the service manual, there's nothing...BAD YAMAHA!

I looked at it and I'm not sure if I have to take the fairing apart to get to the nuts underneath...suggestions? How-to? pics? :thumbup:

franks n beans!

DefyInertia

Former '04 FZ6 Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
Take off the inner panels and leave them off for the track. Then remove the mirrors by loosening the four bolts (tool kit includes a tool that fits FYI). Unplug your front blinkers, and remove them as well (very easy to do assuming OEM). Unplug your headlights as well (again, very easy).

What year is the bike?

I can tell you how to do the 2006.

Steve

Bike year is listed under his user name along with some other info...:thumbup:

DefyInertia

Former '04 FZ6 Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
sweet. How do I get the inner panels off? I'm at work and it's probably a dumb question but since I'm not looking at it, I gotta ask to prepare!

:eek:

Stare at it for 10 seconds, and the unbolt what obviously needs to be unbolted. :spank: :D

They are kinda difficult to wiggle out (once ubolted) and then back in later though...requires a little care.

steveindenmark

Older Member
Reaction score
Visit site
To take the inner panel off there is two round bolt heads with allen ket centres on the outside of the fairing on both sides . undo them and put them on the bench. inside the fairing , just above the headlight you will see a simlar bolt but smaller, take that out.

The inner panel is now loose and you just need to manipulate it out. You will need to flex the outer fairing a bit to get the inner fairing out,but don`t worry it wont break.

Steve

necrotimus

Stop looking at my title!
Reaction score
Visit site
Be careful when putting those side pieces back in... Yamaha nicely put some metal pieces on the edges in places so if you rush to put them back on and don't have the thing just right it will add a nice litte scratch on your fairing.

steveindenmark

Older Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Be careful when putting those side pieces back in... Yamaha nicely put some metal pieces on the edges in places so if you rush to put them back on and don't have the thing just right it will add a nice litte scratch on your fairing.

+1 I have the scratches to prove it.

Steve

nimzotech

1st Photo Contest Winner
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
The very slight scratches give the bike character. It's almost as if your bike is saying I had my rider work on me and in the process found out more about me and I'm alright!

I find working on the bike bonds us to our fizzers even more tightly.
:noworries: