Track gear

opds9091

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I am looking to go on a track either 1/4 mile or twistiest and i need to now what gear i need. Do i need 1pc or 2PC leather suit, or textile gear. I have been wanting to go to a track and want to make sure i have all the proper gear and bike parts, or do i have to take things off or just cover them. Any help would be thankfully.

DefyInertia

Former '04 FZ6 Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
http://www.600riders.com/forum/trac...neral-track-day-info-getting-started-etc.html

DefyInertia said:
Protective Gear:

The required prep will vary from track day organization to organization, region to region, and of course the level you're at. The track day you sign up for will provide you with the requirements in advance. For example, STT and NESBA post all gear requirements on their website by level (novice, intermediate, advanced....).

Dedicated back and chest protectors are highly recommended.

The gear requirements at 1/4 mile tracks will be much less than a road racing courses. Nothing wrong with a 2pc for the recreational track day rider but a 1pc is "best" IMO.

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Nate is spot on.

Leather vs. textile, race boots vs. touring boots, race gloves vs. touring gloves, and a back protector.

As far as one piece vs. two piece, I've always owned two piece. I taken some huge falls in them and never had a zipper blow. I mean if the waist zipper can blow, why not the chest zipper???

I can't tell you the difference good gear makes. You'll be more comfortable, safer and feel more confident in yourself.

BTW Nate - I bought the new Knox Aegis BP and love it! Very comfortable, don't even feel it on. It also has kidney guards built into the back supporter belt. Very cool.