Security

Funky Larma

Reaction score
Visit site
Just wanted to get some views and ideas on bike security.
Due to a town house nature I have no garage, no access to back garden and only a small patch of bricked area outside the front to store my bike.
So I invested in a good heavy duty chain and D lock from Oxford Products which I use to chain the front end to the gas main pip into my house (if some tea leaf wants to saw through that pipe to get the bike he deserves it!) Then I've got an Oxford Products Boss Alarmed disc lock thing which I put round the rear end. Then an Oxford Products (they were doing a special) cover over the top.
Add to this the standard immobiliser fitted and the steering lock I should feel safe. However I'm sleeping with one eye open.

Has any one got any advice on best way to chain a bike, good practices or any ideas on alarms?

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Just wanted to get some views and ideas on bike security.
Due to a town house nature I have no garage, no access to back garden and only a small patch of bricked area outside the front to store my bike.
So I invested in a good heavy duty chain and D lock from Oxford Products which I use to chain the front end to the gas main pip into my house (if some tea leaf wants to saw through that pipe to get the bike he deserves it!) Then I've got an Oxford Products Boss Alarmed disc lock thing which I put round the rear end. Then an Oxford Products (they were doing a special) cover over the top.
Add to this the standard immobiliser fitted and the steering lock I should feel safe. However I'm sleeping with one eye open.

Has any one got any advice on best way to chain a bike, good practices or any ideas on alarms?
I think you have done your best. Is your chain of the floor? Any chain laying on the floor can be defeated in minutes. I have got a garage, grouind ancor, oxford disclock alarm. and data tool system 6. At the end of the day in the scum want it they will get it. I am looking into Steves claymore mod.

Funky Larma

Reaction score
Visit site
Any idea where my best UK dealer for claymores would be?

perryn the chain sort of droops towards the floor (what don't these days) I try to place it at the top of the gas pipe and the d lock goes round a spoke at the same time to be on the safe side.

mikebike

just a rider
Reaction score
www.crazyguyonabike.com
claymores....there is a good one.

When I lived in Chattanooga I parked my Honda outside the side door between the house and a fence no reason for anybody to be there. I heard noise out there one fall evening and the side door was open just the screen between me and them.

I grabbed the pump action shotgun and as I was walking toward the door in the quiet of the evening I racked a shell into place.

That was al that was needed..... their feet getting out of their sounded like a flush quail. Whooooosh.... they were gone and to my knowledge never came back.

I guess that is a pretty distinctive sound :D

Scorphonic

No Man is an Ireland.
Reaction score
Visit site
Hahaha...nice one mikenbern...a shotgun really is the only way to protect your baby!! :) In Ireland its illegal to protect your property in this way, which is really silly...we should be able to protect our belongings with all the force required eh.

Anyway...birds feel the brunt of my gun!! 7 shot 12g mossberg pump...heaven!

If I were that robbing git I'd definately run too!!

Funky Larma

Reaction score
Visit site
Is it easy to fit? I did think about it when ordering the bike but it totally went out of my mind with all the excitement ;)