New brain bucket

ReblTeen84

Übernerd
Reaction score
Visit site
Just picked up a new helmet yesterday. Bought a Scorpion EXO-700. Actually did my research this time around unlike when i bought my Sy-Max II. The HJC isn't a bad helmet, but its a tad heavy and loud as hell at anything over 40mph or so. Ordered the chin curtain for the 700 as well (for what I paid for it, it SHOULD have come with it!). Very comfortable, we'll see how it does later today if i have time to go for a ride after doing surgery on my Jeep.

ReblTeen84

Übernerd
Reaction score
Visit site
Pictures. Also, took my first ride in it yesterday, went about 45 miles or so. Wind noise is minimal under 50 or so, get into the 65-70mph range and it gets louder, though not as noticeable as my HJC. Very comfortable to ride venting works well too. I bought the tinted shield as I still can't wear my sunglasses when i'm in a helmet.

madmanmaigret

Mad like crazy not angry
Reaction score
Visit site
Just a word of advice: be careful with the twist locks that hold on the face shield. I dropped mine from around 2-3 feet and the lock messed up to the point that if I raised the visor all of the way up it would detach from the helmet. Other than that it is a pretty great helmet. Also if you ride at night you may want to look into the photo-chromatic visor (tints automatically in the sun.) so you wont have to swap visors just to ride at night.