Caution on these frame sliders

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I recently ordered these from a distributor in the UK.
EXTENDED 04-08 YAMAHA FZ6 FZ 6 600 No Cut Crash Bobbins on eBay, also Bars, Grips Foot Rests, Accessories, Motorcycle Parts Accessories, Cars, Parts Vehicles (end time 29-Oct-08 14:58:43 GMT)

On the face of it the advert looks OK.
I got the right hand side in and torqued up to the required 55Nm.
The left hand side slider just split down the middle.
They came with no fitting instructions so I assumed that the normal torque setting would apply?
I checked and re-checked the torque setting prior to installing it.
I guess the moral of the story is you really do get what you pay for.
I have contacted the seller to ask for a refund

You have been warned.

Nelly

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks, I will see if I get a refund or not? I would not feel confident re-installing them on my bike.

Nelly

GastonJ

The Winged One
Reaction score
Visit site
Doesn't look too good. I like the Motrax ones, they saved my SV650 when I was being stupid and falling off £8.50 replacement head as opposed to lots of new parts. Having the lower fairings on the FZ means that I can't get any fitted unless I want to drill through the fairings. Will be expensive if I get stupid this time. :(

Best of luck.

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Doesn't look too good. I like the Motrax ones, they saved my SV650 when I was being stupid and falling off £8.50 replacement head as opposed to lots of new parts. Having the lower fairings on the FZ means that I can't get any fitted unless I want to drill through the fairings. Will be expensive if I get stupid this time. :(

Best of luck.
Do you have a link for motrax?

Nelly

Ghost Weim

Time to ride!!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for the info. I am putting frame sliders on my Christmas list this year and will make sure that these are avoided!

Ashbone

Reaction score
Visit site
This is my first post but in reply to the frame sliders I bought some from this company as well but they were fine, no problem with the torque settings, maybe you were just unlucky unless I was lucky, have yet to lay the bike down on them but I am hoping they won't be needed.:Flash:

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
This is my first post but in reply to the frame sliders I bought some from this company as well but they were fine, no problem with the torque settings, maybe you were just unlucky unless I was lucky, have yet to lay the bike down on them but I am hoping they won't be needed.:Flash:
Thanks for posting your first post on this topic. Maybe I was unlucky?
Did you torque yours up to the required spec?

Nelly

Raid The Revenge

Reaction score
Visit site
I just checked the Ebay ad. Honestly, they looked genuine enough to fool anybody. I would've fallen for them. I mean, there's a picture where they're mounted on an FZ6! 98.9% positive feedback!!

Let me have a look around...

Yikes! There isn't too much of a selection in the UK.

IF you need to get a new set...here's one I found:

CRASH FRAME PROTECTOR BOBBINS--YAMAHA FZ6-2004 ONWARDS on eBay, also Yamaha, Motorcycle Parts, Motorcycle Parts Accessories, Cars, Parts Vehicles (end time 23-Nov-08 20:50:06 GMT)

I don't know why I "like" these ones. I saw a picture of them on an FZ6. I also saw instructions, good prices, full refunds and a 99.8% positive feedback rating. Would these ones be better?

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
[COLOR=\"DarkGreen\"]I just checked the Ebay ad. Honestly, they looked genuine enough to fool anybody. I would've fallen for them. I mean, there's a picture where they're mounted on an FZ6! 98.9% positive feedback!!

Let me have a look around...

Yikes! There isn't too much of a selection in the UK.

IF you need to get a new set...here's one I found:

CRASH FRAME PROTECTOR BOBBINS--YAMAHA FZ6-2004 ONWARDS on eBay, also Yamaha, Motorcycle Parts, Motorcycle Parts Accessories, Cars, Parts Vehicles (end time 23-Nov-08 20:50:06 GMT)

I don't know why I \"like\" these ones. I saw a picture of them on an FZ6. I also saw instructions, good prices, full refunds and a 99.8% positive feedback rating. Would these ones be better? [/COLOR]
Thanks Elm,

I was also looking at those. I have the axle sliders by them and they are excellent.

Nelly

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Oooo...not good. I'd ask for a refund on them Nelly.

I know they cost a bit more but the Motovations are very well made and are of excellent material. For $60.00 they are inexpensive insurance.

Ashbone

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey, sorry for the time delay I'm in British Columbia, Canada..... but yes is the answer to your question torqued too 40 lbs-ft, I must agree with you though they are pretty cheap and I don't know if I feel that confident in them, I have seen lots of threads on frame sliders but to be honest I really don't know which ones are the best at the job, I may look in to it further before I make my mind up, any help on the subject would be appreciated.

Cheers:thumbup:

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Oooo...not good. I'd ask for a refund on them Nelly.

I know they cost a bit more but the Motovations are very well made and are of excellent material. For $60.00 they are inexpensive insurance.
I know Pete,
I have just demonstrated false economy and feel very embarrassed by it.
Still not heard back from the seller. I will contact them again Monday.

Nelly

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey, sorry for the time delay I'm in British Columbia, Canada..... but yes is the answer to your question torqued too 40 lbs-ft, I must agree with you though they are pretty cheap and I don't know if I feel that confident in them, I have seen lots of threads on frame sliders but to be honest I really don't know which ones are the best at the job, I may look in to it further before I make my mind up, any help on the subject would be appreciated.

Cheers:thumbup:
Thanks for getting back to me mate. I think that a slow speed flop and drop would be OK.
What I really liked about them was the 1" extension over the other brands.

Nelly

Nooj

Reaction score
Visit site
1" longer just means there is 1" more leverage on them if your bike falls over. Debz has the R&G ones which are very good quality, the best ones I've seen for any bike yet, and have saved her plastics a few times on slow speed over ballancing. Nothing will save your bike if you highside at 80pmh and it hits a tree, but for those stupid 'foot down a drain' moments they are really good.

Looks like yours may have had a problem when they were moulded. Light weight plastic bungs are no use, light weight in this kind of plastic means less density in the material, which means less strength. You want something heavy and solid.

You did put the washer under the bolt head before you tightend it down, didn't you?

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
1\" longer just means there is 1\" more leverage on them if your bike falls over. Debz has the R&G ones which are very good quality, the best ones I've seen for any bike yet, and have saved her plastics a few times on slow speed over ballancing. Nothing will save your bike if you highside at 80pmh and it hits a tree, but for those stupid 'foot down a drain' moments they are really good.

Looks like yours may have had a problem when they were moulded. Light weight plastic bungs are no use, light weight in this kind of plastic means less density in the material, which means less strength. You want something heavy and solid.

You did put the washer under the bolt head before you tightend it down, didn't you?
I hear ya mate,

Yes I did put the washer in first lol.

Nelly

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I know Pete,
I have just demonstrated false economy and feel very embarrassed by it.
Still not heard back from the seller. I will contact them again Monday.

Nelly

Well live and learn, that is life. I'm curious to hear what the outcome is.