ShoopCE

Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
HARDING’S PARK CYCLE

4330 KIRBY AVE NE • CANTON, OHIO
AUGUST 15-16 • 10am-4pm

(330)454-6171 • Canton, Ohio, Honda, Kawasaki, Yamaha, ATV, Motorcycle, Utility Vehicle, Dealer, Used, Parts, Accessories, Apparel

Only Saturday remains. Last ride starts at 2:30 and you must register first. They have about 15 bikes, everything from cruisers to VMax to the Bolt and of course the FZ07 & FZ09. :rockon:

I took the afternoon off and rode 125 miles, each way. The weather was Awesome, though the slab ride got a bit tedious.

Took a demo ride on an FZ09 and then on the FZ07. Both were very light and agile compared even to my FZ6.

I LOVED the 9, sorta liked the 7 but it is a VERY different bike - a two cylinder, and sounds a bit like a single. The 7 didn't have as much torque as I was expecting, but maybe part of that (both things) was that my ear is/was calibrated for a four cyl, especially after almost two hours at 7k RPM and up. :D

The 9 was great. Huge WIDE powerband. I wish the demo route had put the short stretch of highway farther into the route instead of right at the beginning - before I had any feel for how it would take off - so I was cautious, dang it. I stayed in STD mode most of the time but tried the B (tuned down) mode. STD was as just notchy as advertized, so I didn't try the tuned up A mode.

Chris

Last edited: