Snapped Throttle Backwards?

cycledesign

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi guys. I'm new to the forum. I ride an '04 FZ6.

I recently put on Grip Puppies and immediately afterward I noticed the throttle was sticky so it was like having cruise control on it. I assumed the Grip Puppies were rubbing somewhere so I trimmed them down and still nothing. So then I cut off the puppy on the throttle entirely and it was still sticking.

Then I realized that when I put on the Grip Puppies I had inadvertently pushed the stock grip inward and it was causing the friction. So I started to pull the grip back out and it was fixing the problem. However, I was pushing slightly forward on the grip as I pulled it out (opposite of opening the throttle) and I guess I was pushing too hard and I just heard a loud SNAP. Now I have a giant amount of "freeplay" before the throttle kicks in and it makes clicking sound as I turn it past the point where it snapped.

Can anyone tell me what part I snapped? Is this something internal that I broke? I checked all the adjusting nuts and everything looks fine there.

Thanks for any help!

I would take apart the throttle assembly(3 screws), inspect it, make sure everythings right, then put it back together.

On the throttle tube itself, there should be a small stop tab which stop the throttle from rolling forward. It sounds as if you forced the tube past this stop which is causing all your free play... If you take it apart, you'll see the plastic end is not square anymore. A new throttle tube would fix it...

Back