replacing headlight bulbs

Caesar

Reaction score
Visit site
My high beam bulb blew out so I decided to replace them both. I went to the local parts store and picked up a h7 and an h4 bulb. the h4 goes in without any trouble. the h7 bulb looks smaller. so I look closer at the original and it seems to have an adapter on it. Am I suppose to remove this adapter from the original bulb and reuse it or do i have to find a new adapter?

Would be useful if you could post up a pic of both the bulbs together... a picture speaks a thousand words :thumbup:

Yamahaboyz

There is an adapter than is plugged into the end of the old bulb. Should be able to just pull it off and put it on the new one:D

It threw me for a loop to when I changed mine:beer:

Sent from my Droid via Tapatalk.

thanks I tried pulling by hand and it didnt budge so I wanted to ask before using a screw driver to wedge it open... I got it off now

Changing the headlight bulbs on the FZ6 is a breeze. The bulbs are very easy to get to and there is enough room to replace them too (I have bigger hands).

Thanks to this post, i remembered that the adapter was on the previous H7.

Ordered the Sylvania Nighthawk Platinum pairs of H4 and H7 online and the bulbs are noticeably brighter than the Phillips I had on earlier. I even compared them both on as I replaced the H7 and tested with the old H4 also on. The difference was so much that I just went ahead and replaced the H4 (high beam) too.

Will update when there is a change, for example if the new bulbs fail or something, for now I am enjoying the greater visibility. :BLAA:

Back