Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
So there is not a + or
3e28237c-b408-ba9d.jpg
- ?
I went to a heating shop and some shop guy told me that the capacitors were pump manufacture specific. From what you guys are saying. I just need one that matches the rating.
Neil

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk 2

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
That there is the prime induction cell for your water re-ionizer.

You really should put it back.

agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
well whatever it is its made in the UK, so Nelly, put a pan under it, its sure to drop a bit of oil

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
So which holes do the blue wires go into? On the left? No I dont have a volt meter, which of course would be lethal in my hands.
3e28237a-864d-4c23.jpg

I do have a one of these though?
3e28237a-8761-0c87.jpg

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
So which holes do the blue wires go into? On the left? No I dont have a volt meter, which of course would be lethal in my hands.
3e28237a-864d-4c23.jpg

I do have a one of these though?

One should be easy as the wire is still in it yes??? Isn't it broken off? Did you disconnect one and the other was free already?

Need less blur and more resolution. Call Humpy over; he can stop motion with any lens!! :thumbup:

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
So there is not a + or
3e28237c-b408-ba9d.jpg
- ?
I went to a heating shop and some shop guy told me that the capacitors were pump manufacture specific. From what you guys are saying. I just need one that matches the rating.
Neil

Yes it could have a 500v rating and be 3 (uf) microfarad as long as it's 50 Hz The handback won't be that far off to a motor starting up and it should onlt be in circuit for the start up. Then the centrifugal switch detaches it from the motor once it's spinning fast enough.

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
BUT LOOOOOOOK!!!!!!! It may not even be bad! The wire broke and BECAME DETACHED ON ONE END!!!!!! If not true; where is the end????????? Its like it corroded off and ARCED about. . . well unless it broke when you took it out but WHY DID YOU SINGLE IT OUT????? WHAT MADE THIS PART SUSPECT?????????????

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
One should be easy as the wire is still in it yes??? Isn't it broken off? Did you disconnect one and the other was free already?

Need less blur and more resolution. Call Humpy over; he can stop motion with any lens!! :thumbup:
The wire had blown out of the contact. I found a manual for the pump instalation on the interweb. Holes 4 and 8 are the contacts.
After going to two towns and being unable to find a capacitor I called in the experts.
The pump had also burnt out so got the lot changed for €80.00.
Thanks for the help guys.
Neil

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

I thought it was the capacitor as there was charing on the wire. Without the equipment to test it, I was just guessing.

Neil