Outrageous US petrol prices

Tailgate

The price of petrol (we call it "gas") in USA is outrageous. As of March, 2008 it's $3.59 per gallon in California. I suppose that's about .90 USD per liter or $18 USD to completely fill up my FZ6. Maybe, if it's more expensive somewhere else (Europe?), somebody might kindly quote it here? This might make me feel a little better the next time I fill my FZ6 tank (however, this probably doesn't bring cheer to the poster...I know).

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
The price of petrol (we call it "gas") in USA is outrageous. As of March, 2008 it's $3.59 per gallon in California. I suppose that's about .90 USD per liter or $18 USD to completely fill up my FZ6. Maybe, if it's more expensive somewhere else (Europe?), somebody might kindly quote it here? This might make me feel a little better the next time I fill my FZ6 tank (however, this probably doesn't bring cheer to the poster...I know).

A thread like this went around a couple months ago and i think the UK was looking at about $7.50 US dollars per gallon... i think there were some worse too.

Tailgate

A thread like this went around a couple months ago and i think the UK was looking at about $7.50 US dollars per gallon... i think there were some worse too.

reiobard: Yeah, I now see that there's a thread just below this on the same subject by Pseudo Cloggy. Dummy me.

Last edited:

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
I heard on CNN this morning that gas is expected to rise .70 cents more by Memorial Day, summer driving season you know.

Howattzer

I have been paying at least $1.00 a litre for the past 5-8 years. Europe is about double that for the same period of time.

W

wrightme43

Per unit of energy, gas is a crazy cheap supply of power.
Its very concentrated energy.
Its just going to get more and more expensive.
I dont like paying it either, though.

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
I heard on CNN this morning that gas is expected to rise .70 cents more by Memorial Day, summer driving season you know.

thankfully i ride the bike almost exclusively during the summer so i will get 45-50 MPG...