New toys

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
It's just a part time gig. I'm "Guard Whoring" it here and there, picking up odd orders to a week or two at a time. It helps makes ends meet. The next project we start is planning a trip to Egypt this Fall.

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
nice man.. nothing like a big room with alot of guns.. to bad you have no zombies right :thumbup:

Ha! Ha! Ha! LOL! No, no zombies, but after two weeks of reading little tiny serial numbers we were pretty zombie like.

jazzpaintball

Reaction score
Visit site
I spent the last two weeks inprocessing 507 new Colt M4 carbines and new CCOs (Close Combat Optics). I had a great crew to work with and this coming weekend we get to blast holes in "Ivans" at the range. :D
View attachment 15807View attachment 15806View attachment 15808

So what did you have before hand? M16a2's with just the iron sights? I noticed that the M4 you are holding has a M68V4 on it. Did you get all V4's? If you did, your unit got VERY lucky. I hate the older V2's and V3's for the batteries in them are special order and sometimes hard to get through SSA.

Have you taken any of them out to the range yet?

YamahaMAXdRPMs

Jay- Tshirt Inventor Guy.
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
My buddy gets paid to freaking shoot all day... i gotta rob a bank to be able to pay for a day of shooting with my AR15... i hate all you guys :Flip:

appreciate the whole protecting our country thing though :thumbup:

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
So what did you have before hand? M16a2's with just the iron sights? I noticed that the M4 you are holding has a M68V4 on it. Did you get all V4's? If you did, your unit got VERY lucky. I hate the older V2's and V3's for the batteries in them are special order and sometimes hard to get through SSA.

Have you taken any of them out to the range yet?

Hey typical A2's prior to the M4's. We got new 240's, MK19s and M9s also. I'm not sure which version of CCO we got, they came with standard double As. The division Master Gunner works for me, I'll ask this weekend.

We pop the cherry on them this Friday. :D

jazzpaintball

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey typical A2's prior to the M4's. We got new 240's, MK19s and M9s also. I'm not sure which version of CCO we got, they came with standard double As. The division Master Gunner works for me, I'll ask this weekend.

We pop the cherry on them this Friday. :D

enjoy the new gun/CLP smell, lol. The M68 double A version is the V4 made by aimpoint. And if you got the new 240's that weigh 6 pounds less that JUST came out, I am coming over from Iraq and stealing a couple (with a 3161 ofcourse :Flip:). Are you shooting the MK19's too? they have banned all 40MM rounds over here due to 'colateral damage,' and i really miss shooting them. Enjoy the range, and get a 40 with the CCO's, they do help a lot at the qual range.

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I have a funny feeling the MK19's will just sit in the vault, which is too bad, its one of my favorite weapons, very, very effective.

Not sure on the 240s, all I did was lock them up and more them within the vault. They are brand spanking new so perhaps they are???

When we ran a range in January we had 86% of Soldiers get a first round go. That was with A2's and iron sights. I have a feeling we will do even better this go around. Our Master Gunners is a former Dallas PD sniper and was in the 'Stan on a sniper team, needless to say he can shoot and his PMI classes are first rate. I attended his M9 PMI and picked up two ideas I'd never heard of. We're having him write a Division wide PMI SOP so everyone can benefit from his knowledge.

So long story short, with the new weapons, optics and great PMI I think we'll shoot very well. I hate the kneeling position however...

fz6recon

Reaction score
Visit site
We are gearing up to head out soon and we were just told that all our fun weapons (Man Killer 19, Ma' Deuce, Frags etc.) are all banned. :( Thumbs down. Oh well better get as much as I can stateside because I probably wont be able to get some at all down range.