New Owner checking in...

Robmac

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello everyone,

I'm a new FZ6 owner and I thought that I'd introduce myself, since I've been lurking here for the past two months.

My name is Rob and I picked up my brand new 2008 FZ6 (in black) today from my local dealer. The odo had exactly 0 KM when I fired her up for the first time. I bought it about seven weeks ago, they assembled it and then prepped it last week for delivery.

Since the weather was only so so today, sunny and about +8c, I only managed to put about 50 km on her. For the most part I kept the cruising to around 3k - 4k rpms, and varied between 60 and 100 km per hour.

On the way home I gave her about 1/2 throttle and let her climb to about 6,500 rpm. I can't wait until the 1,600 KM break in period is officially over. I've read that she becomes a whole different animal past 8k rpms.

I stalled her a couple of times today, but I am getting use to the "on and off" clutch. I'm also getting a little smoother with the shifts... it's been 15 years since my last bike.

That's basically it people.

P.S. Great forum !!

Rob

Hi Rob, welcome! :welcome:

I understand, my Fizzer was my first bike in about 19 years, you are going to have a blast on it.

My must be pretty far north if it is still that cold. 92 today in Tx.

Hi Rob, welcome! :welcome:

I understand, my Fizzer was my first bike in about 19 years, you are going to have a blast on it.

My must be pretty far north if it is still that cold. 92 today in Tx.

:Flip: .... JK

a cold and wet and windy 50 here in Missouri.:(

Oh... yeah :welcome:

Last edited:
Back