New guy with PC questions

J

jesse_sanders

Hey fellas. New guy to the forum but not forums in general. I have a 2004 FZ6 that I recently put MIVV oval carbon exhaust on. I also installed a PCFC. This is my first toy with fuel injection so I'm a little nervous of playing with the fuel tunes. I also have some questions.

I thought the PCFC was shipped with preloaded maps? Per the instructions it looks like there is only one preloaded map.. is that right?

My bike is totally stock except for the slip on and i removed the quiet cores or db killers (whatever yall call them). I was reading through the user shared maps and I didn't see any that I though would work.

Can anyone here give me some guidance here? I sure would appreciate it.

I come from four wheelers with carburetors lol

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi and Welcome to the forum! So, Merry Christmas to you eh? New bike, exhaust and FC!!??

The safe thing is to have a map built where they measure the AFR while in use. That being said, if you just throw maps at the bike you'll never really know what's going on inside as far as the actual AFR while in use. I'm running a data logger which records the AFR as I ride and gives me an idea of the how close I am to my target of 13.0:1 and the bike runs good here. It has a Wide band O2 sensor inserted into the collector via a bung I welded into the S1 Header.

You are really at the mercy of the "Great Unknown" unless you can monitor what the map is doing. Our server had its OS swapped and we lost many of the maps attached but look here.
POST your Tune Map, Bazzaz, PCIII, PCV - AutoTune, Z-AFM

And a snap shot of what I'm talking about from a Bazzaz Z-Fi/Z-AFM Data Logger:
1.AFR.40minewCoils_zpstovofm7f.jpg

J

jesse_sanders

Hi and Welcome to the forum! So, Merry Christmas to you eh? New bike, exhaust and FC!!??

The safe thing is to have a map built where they measure the AFR while in use. That being said, if you just throw maps at the bike you'll never really know what's going on inside as far as the actual AFR while in use. I'm running a data logger which records the AFR as I ride and gives me an idea of the how close I am to my target of 13.0:1 and the bike runs good here. It has a Wide band O2 sensor inserted into the collector via a bung I welded into the S1 Header.

You are really at the mercy of the "Great Unknown" unless you can monitor what the map is doing. Our server had its OS swapped and we lost many of the maps attached but look here.
POST your Tune Map, Bazzaz, PCIII, PCV - AutoTune, Z-AFM

And a snap shot of what I'm talking about from a Bazzaz Z-Fi/Z-AFM Data Logger:
1.AFR.40minewCoils_zpstovofm7f.jpg
Thanks for the welcome! I've had the bike about four months. I bought the exhaust and programmer for my Christmas present.

All the pictures I tried to upload are apparently too big [emoji22]

I believe I'm gonna drop the bike off at a tuner on Saturday. He acted like he didn't know what the PCFC was. I had to assure him it was a power commander product. He talked like it was going to be tough to tune it and he said it won't be perfect but it will be close. I wish I wouldn't have cheaped out and got the PCV but what's done is done. Does $250 sound about right for a tune?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk