My Project

ezburgess

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey, I haven't made a post yet, but i've been looking around the site for some inspiration/information on my own FZ6. I just recently had a knee surgery and was out of work, and couldn't ride so I have some time to play around. That being said I'm out of work and have very little money.

For about $80 and a pack of soda i was able to get a headlight, some turn signals, and a sheet of 16g sheet aluminum. I made some brackets to mount the headlight to the forks, you can see them in one of the pictures, they're not exact, but i filed them to fit. I shimmed it with an old bike tube to reduce vibrations.

next I put in a mtodynamic tail light so i could get rid of the fender(not legal). and put a fender eliminator on there. This was just another piece of aluminum that was cut and drilled. There should be a pic.

I made the speedo mount using sdnative's design using the same aluminum.

still to do:
I bought the wrong mirrors, ones made for thread less bars, but I wanted to change the bars anyways. any suggestions on bars that are thread less, that would drop the positioning down?

has anyone painted parts of their bike successfully without it chipping off? i'm thinking rear sets, radiator guards, triple clamps, bars, etc.

also i've been looking into the speedo covers. where are you getting these? The cheapest i can find is like 25 bucks, has anyone tried making them?

finally, when i get back to work I want to get some carbon exhaust, i think that would help complete the look. i'm looking for i nice sound and a little performance boost.

thanks, any suggestions for where to go from here are appreciated.
Eric

motojoe122

No ride is too far...
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Welcome and the bike looks great, Eric!
I painted my rearsets, pegs, triple, bar ends, and handle bar a few months ago. So far they are holding up. I did get to use aircraft paint from my work tho.