Im an idiot

ridinboise

Reaction score
Visit site
I just bought a new FZ6 and have been having a blast on it. I decided to ride it to work for the first time today as it is a long ways and i am a new rider. Got to work fine with a smile on my face the entire time. Just as i thought everything worked out perfect i layed my bike over trying park. I felt like the biggest idiot, but on the flip side no major damage just a couple scuffs on the mirror and front (just plastic no paint). I did manage to scuff up the metal casing on the bike, any touch up available?

Use a Sharpie on the metal casing. It does a good enough job so that not many would notice.

No worries! It has happened to a lot of folks here and it likely will not be the first time!

Ditto on the frame sliders. You'd have suffered zero damage with the right ones. :D

I just bought a new FZ6 and have been having a blast on it. I decided to ride it to work for the first time today as it is a long ways and i am a new rider. Got to work fine with a smile on my face the entire time. Just as i thought everything worked out perfect i layed my bike over trying park. I felt like the biggest idiot, but on the flip side no major damage just a couple scuffs on the mirror and front (just plastic no paint). I did manage to scuff up the metal casing on the bike, any touch up available?

I have been told there are 2 kinds of riders:
those who have dropped their bikes &
those who will

sucks I know....I am a member of the "dropped it club"!

Hmmm. Interesting thought with the sharpie...

As for parking, I never move my bike without being on it. I learned that the hard way after I dropped my bike while moving it in the garage. Standing next to it just doesn't give you the balance you need! The only time, IMO, that you should stand next to your bike while adjusting it is when you're putting up your center stand.

Not a big deal man. It happens. If cars could fall over people would hardly be able to move. LOL

those who will

i thought it was those who have been down or going to be down

those who will

I haven't dropped my new FZ6 and I hope that will never happen. However, my first motorcycle was a brand new 1982 Yamaha 920 Virago and I dropped it almost every other week. Had a nice Windstar fairing, but had it removed after damaging it too many times.

Only happens at the MOST embarrassing moments. If no ones watching does my FZ still get scratched when I drop it?

Yes, it sure does :squid:

I have a new FZ6 also and just dropped it this past weekend while parking. Nothing major but a few scratches. I thought I had prepared myself mentally because it was bound to happend with my first bike, but I was still bummed.

I'll have to see about some sliders too.

I kind of did the same thing with my new FZ6R. The parking lot at work is rock. I couldn't find a piece of wood to put under the kick stand and thought a good big flat rock would work. I returned from work to see it laying on its side!!!:spank:

I kind of did the same thing with my new FZ6R. The parking lot at work is rock. I couldn't find a piece of wood to put under the kick stand and thought a good big flat rock would work. I returned from work to see it laying on its side!!!:spank:

two words: "center stand"

I wouldn't feel too badly about it.....happened to me back in 2002 - in front of God and everyone right in the parking lot at my old job. Slowed down too quickly without straightening up the bike first!:rolleyes: It happens...bikes are for having fun, not keeping in a museum.;)

Back