I find this quite comical

Huge # of people here swapped to FZ1 bar. The thread below is the opposite: FZ1 owners switching to FZ6 bar :rof:

FZ6 handle bars on my FZ1 help - Yamaha FZ1 Forums - International FZ1 Motorcycle Community Forum

Good thing the bars are an easy swap for those interested. I'm still so new to the whole experience that I don't sense a difference when my bud and I swap bikes (He has an FZ1 and wanted to see how my FZ6 felt compared to his). If anything I guess mine feels slightly more roomy in the leg department oddly enough (I'm 6'5" before the boots).

Conclusion; I R Noob..

If anything I guess mine feels slightly more roomy in the leg department oddly enough (I'm 6'5" before the boots).
Conclusion; I R Noob..

Nope, it's not a nOOb thing. FZ1 pegs are higher up and farther back. FZ6 is definitely more comfortable, in terms of seat to peg ergonomics. Of course my FZ1 has highway pegs :thumbup:

Eric that's funny!
Not all humans are the same; Who knew!?! Those bars are good height but bend my wrists too much making my fingers tingle.

Add mine to the list of "up for grabs"...

Nope, it's not a nOOb thing. FZ1 pegs are higher up and farther back. FZ6 is definitely more comfortable, in terms of seat to peg ergonomics. Of course my FZ1 has highway pegs :thumbup:

That makes total sense to hear it explained - it 'felt' like my forward lean on his FZ1 was slightly greater (the bars angle I take it?). My feet seemed more pointed at the ground on his too - that explains it!

Yup. I'm 6'5" too, and just sitting on the FZ1 at the stealership dried up any desire for a test ride. :rolleyes:

I bought my FZ6 with FZ1 bars on it. Switched back to FZ6 bars within a month. 5,000 miles later I put Renthals on. The FZ1 bars just hurt my wrists and after 3 shoulder surgeries... upright is just better.

For some reason, no one is every happy just riding what they have. We either have to be special or we imagine that the perfect bike isn't the one we have (despite all of our postings to the contrary). I think it's a function of human nature.

Back