Good day to ride. Not for me.

Justabike

Reaction score
Visit site
So this afternoon was a nice and sunny day to ride but not for me. I came to a 90 degree left hand turn and that's when i ate it. My speed was about 30ish and i dip my bike and i put the balls of my feet on the foot peg to transfer the weight. When approaching the apex i felt my foot peg and center kick stand scratch the ground and caught the plastic reflective bump on the road. At that time my bike was scratching the ground my foot was getting kick back from the foot peg bouncing back and my foot hit the exhaust pipes with my left foot. Thats when my bike gave way or i gave way and me and my bike skidded about ten feet and hit a grass ditch thanks for the rain yesterday which made it really soft to land on. The bike scratch up my inside left thigh. The didn't receive that much damage just grass and mud on the left side and scratched up crankcase. I think might have bent the forks i really don't know i can just tell it handles different now. But i rode home just fine and made it safe and sound. As for my leg im pretty sure i will feel it next morning. I thank God that this was something small.

Just glad you're OK. We've all gone down (or will), so best to just be as ready as you can and hope for the best. To be dragging the peg, you must have really had it heeled over!!

You didn't mention, but I hope you were geared up. It always helps.

Again, glad you're OK. The damage to the bike sounds relatively minor, think of it as a trophy from one where you were able to walk away.

Take care

At times like that i know going down is going to happen to us sooner or later. I was kind of piss at myself but what can you do but to claim down. I was geared up head to toe. So that help out a lot. Thanks for your guys concern. Yes the real trophy is that i walk away fine. Yall guys take care.

Try taking the bolts in the triple tree/forkclamps loose and wiggiling the bars, it will go back to pretty straight and snug them up, then push it to straight and tighten them back down.

Bummer on the crash, I did the same thing.

:welcome: and thanks for sharing. Sorry it had to happen, but like you said, thank God it wasn't anything worse! It really makes the gear all that much more worth it!

Steve gave some great advice. Let us know if we can help further. Pics?

Take care!!

Back