Converting to Naked Dual Headlight/ Dominator/ Buell XB. Trouble finding parts!

sdriv3r

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi all,

So as the title says, after thinking about it for awhile I have decided for good to go naked. I was always a fan of the older Triumph Street Triple dual headlight look. After looking around it seems I am not the only one and people do convert to the dual headlight on their FZ6!

I will start off by saying that I consider myself resourceful and able to tinker around and make or adapt my own pieces to put this thing together. I am also good on the electrical side. Figuring out the wiring, shortening, crimping connectors, etc. is really not a big deal for me. Wiring and getting the lights to work the way I want it to will be the easy part of the job.

After looking around it seems I have 2 choices:

1. Ebay dual 4" headlight: Cheapest solution and the one requiring the most work on my side. I do have all winter to spend so not a big deal. Easy to find and cheap but I'm worried that its all for looks and the light output seems questionable. Better bulbs seem to help a lot but going this route might limit my abilities to ride at night other than the city.

2. Buell Kit. Headlight assembly + flyscreen + headlight/flyscreen bracket. More expensive but you get what you pay for. Better contruction, easier to mount. Lighting seems to be much better than the ebay kit. Big problem is finding this thing. People say they spent somewhere between 150-200$ US on all 3 parts but I can't find it anywhere at those prices. Cheapest I've seen is 130$ headlight assembly + 25$ bracket + 80$ flyscreen. Thats ~235$ USD, which is ~325$ CAD plus a ridiculous 130$ shipping, 455$!! As much as I find this look sexy this is too much. Come monday I will call around a few harley dealers, some might carry buell parts. If I can at least save the shipping thats a big plus.

Anyone have any experience with the ebay dual headlight dominator lights? Where can I find OEM buell parts online? The links most people post up are dead and using parts numbers on google turns up almost nothing.

sdriv3r

Reaction score
Visit site
So I have contacted a couple (3) local Harley dealers around where I'm from. 1 doesn't do Buell and the 2 others quoted me the same price:
- 204.99 Headlight assembly Y0721.7AC
- 116.99 Black Windscreen w/ Decal M1600.1ACMW
- 37.99 Headlight Mount M0645.1ADA

With taxes and all comes up to a grand total of 418.88$$$ (Canadian).

Due to the horrible exchange rate (suddently our money is worth less and I'm poorer) it comes up cheaper to buy from my dealer than online... 419$ is still much more than I wanted to pay for the headlight + flyscreen. Will look for other options...