Any FZ6er's in the Bay area CA. (northern CA)

I'd want to be getting on the Golden Gate by 8ish...I live pretty close to it. Leaving any later just jeapordizes the rest of the day. Maybe we should do that SF to Santa Cruz ride I posted above this time since it's more in your direction....

The Santa Cruz ride looks a lot better for me. Even getting to your place by 8am is pushing it for me, especially on a weekend LOL.

I can catch you at 280/35, do the loop and head back home from that same place. Some of the roads on that route are heavily shaded and perpetually wet this time of year FYI.

Do you care which ride you do which day? The weather looks like nice and dry both days.

That route you have going north would be sweet! I'd like to do it with you if you do the Santa Cruz one this weekend. My wife has plans for me this weekend, but that north route comes right through my town. I could show you guys some pretty cool stuff up here.

The Santa Cruz ride looks a lot better for me. Even getting to your place by 8am is pushing it for me, especially on a weekend LOL.

I can catch you at 280/35, do the loop and head back home from that same place. Some of the roads on that route are heavily shaded and perpetually wet this time of year FYI.

Do you care which ride you do which day? The weather looks like nice and dry both days.

I may be missing something obvious but where exactly is 280/35? I'm not seeing where they intersect. Is there a specific gas station or something we can meet at?

With regard to road conditions, I'm open to modifying the route as you see fit.

I would prefer to to the Santa Cruz ride on Sunday but if Saturday is better for you that's fine too. Can we meet around 9AM?

That route you have going north would be sweet! I'd like to do it with you if you do the Santa Cruz one this weekend. My wife has plans for me this weekend, but that north route comes right through my town. I could show you guys some pretty cool stuff up here.

Keep me posted...I plan on doing a lot of riding in your area on a regular basis. :thumbup:

I may be missing something obvious but where exactly is 280/35? I'm not seeing where they intersect. Is there a specific gas station or something we can meet at?

The only thing you're missing is that I'm retarded and don't know the way around my own neighborhood. Cali Rider didn't tell you? He had to bust out the GPS and help me out when we went riding in the SC mountains!

Two options for meeting up:
1. There is a gas station off of 92 on the other side of 280. It's out of the way a little but the closest gas in that area. I'll top off there just so I don't have to worry about gas for the day, and can meet you there (it's on Polhemus Road).

2. If you don't need gas, you don't need to go out of your way. We can just meet at a parking lot right off 92, just after you merge from 280.

Has anyone else joined Pashnit?

It's a great site with lots of maps and reviews of California roads. For $20/year you get ride reports/maps/photos/etc. I love the site.

Or you could do what Defy is doing and ride every single road there is to ride in California in a span of 3 months LOL.

Hi there,

I have not posted very much but I keep my bike in Dixon and Would love to go on a daytime ride with other members. I am a new rider I put 3000 miles on a XJ600 seca II from may to July and bought a 2007 FZ6 in August. I have put 2000 miles on it since then. Iam still a noob but would love to ride with others.

Back