Advice on what to do with insurance payout

What should I do?

• Nothing. Keep the money and keep riding.

Votes: 11 57.9%
  • Trade in damaged bike, pay $2800 and get new 2009 FZ6.

Votes: 8 42.1%
  • Give greedy dealer $2800 to fix the bike.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
well... yea the insurance company probably gets some sort of kick back if they send it to the dealer.. good going getting it yourself.. so what was the outcome.. you getting a new bike or just going to streetfighter the one you have??? any pics of the crash damage??? healing up ok?? :thumbup:

well... yea the insurance company probably gets some sort of kick back if they send it to the dealer.. good going getting it yourself.. so what was the outcome.. you getting a new bike or just going to streetfighter the one you have??? any pics of the crash damage??? healing up ok?? :thumbup:

I got the money minus the deductible. There's some internal fighting going on right now. My adjuster assigned 100% liability on the other guy, the other adjuster assigned 50-50%. The weird part is we have the same insurance company. So they're trying to sort it out. Obviously I get the full return on my deductible if he's 100% at fault, which he is.

I'm going to fix my bike at my leisure time, it's mostly if not all cosmetics. As for my injuries, it's nothing serious. My left knee got banged up by the tank. I guess it's a common injury.

Back