'04-'06 Speedometer (round) back cover

CCHOUSEKY

Kentucky Wildcat Fanatic
Reaction score
Visit site
So, you all have seen my conversion thread http://www.600riders.com/forum/fz6-streetfighter/28876-here-we-go.html. I'm still tweaking things here and there, but the one thing that's been bugging me is the back of the speedometer. I know, I know, it's covered by the Buell windscreen, but the way the wires just hang out got me to thinking.

For one thing, it's not waterproof. I never ride in the rain (unless I get caught in it), but there's also the issue of dust. Speedometers aren't cheap and I don't want anything getting into the back of mine that could cause harm.

So, what did I do? I started looking around for some place that might be able to get ahold of the back cover that comes standard on the FZ6N overseas. It's just a little piece of plastic, but it looks like it might go a long way to not only cleaning up the back of the speedo, but also protecting it from dust and rain.

I haven't ordered one yet, as I'm going to email them and see if they'll ship across the pond and how much that would cost. But I figured I'd post this link up for anyone that might be interested. I'll update with any info I get from them.

OEM Motorparts - Yamaha - FZ6-N 600 - 2006 - METER

It's 20.77 euros, which my handy-dandy currency converter on my iPhone tells me is $27.75 US. Not bad for a piece that some of us have been looking for.

CCHOUSEKY

Kentucky Wildcat Fanatic
Reaction score
Visit site
Ok, not sure if this idea is actually worth it. LOL.

I checked out their shipping calculator and it seems it'll cost more than the piece itself just to ship it over here across the pond. Dammit.

Back to the drawing board!

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I reckon it's worth it....cleans up the front of the bike as it is meant too...and anything else will be a compromise i reckon.

:thumbup:

sublime0713

Gun nut
Reaction score
Visit site
Ok I don't know about the old round one, but I ordered my '09 speedo cover from Bikebandit. I can't remember how I got the part # (probably on the forum somewhere) but when I plugged it into the search bar on the BB website it came up. Total cost with shipping: $16.81. Got it in a week. I have to assume they can do it with the older one too. Check it out. :rockon:

Ok I tried the # that was listed on your link but it doesn't come up on the Bikebandit search. Not a complete dead end but maybe not a match on the part #?

Last edited:

taki

Reaction score
Visit site
assuming that the shipping cost wouldnt skyrocket, why not try and get a group buy together, to distribute the cost of shipping over multiple covers?

CCHOUSEKY

Kentucky Wildcat Fanatic
Reaction score
Visit site
Not a bad idea, Taki, especially considering how many have converted recently. I'm not sure how to go about that, though. I'll have to look into it!

And Sublime, I was excited as can be when I read the first part of your post. Unfortunately, I then got to the edited part...lol. But, you might be on to something! I'll get the part # (and maybe even contact Yamaha to make sure I've got the actual Yamaha part #) and see if I can find it anywhere. Thanks for the help! :thumbup:

taki

Reaction score
Visit site
if you end up going the group buy route, i would probably be in for a cover. i still have my fairings, but someday...

CCHOUSEKY

Kentucky Wildcat Fanatic
Reaction score
Visit site
ginster, I'm not sure if the number on the website I posted above is the actual Yamaha part # or not, but it's YA00357351.

ginster vr6

Reaction score
Visit site
ginster, I'm not sure if the number on the website I posted above is the actual Yamaha part # or not, but it's YA00357351.

Yeah I saw that I tried searching that number but I think that its just their internal number.:(

Count me in for a group buy!