Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    happyker (OP)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

NYC (Or not too far): Welder

Anyone know a welder that is a nice balance between quality and cheap, that would be willing to work with me on a solution for welding my topcase rack on? I live in Queens practically right next to the Queensboro Bridge. Im also out of the country til the middle of July so this will be for when I get back, Im just bored right now and was reading motorcycle travel stuff and thinking about my own bike sitting in NYC right now.

I messed up the installation on my new to me 09 FZ6 (well I bought it in Aug, to replace my old 06, so not that new to me anymore) due to a stripped screw and going back to install it later and a piece falling somewhere into the tube of my subframe. Personally I think the Givi rack is a crappy design compared to the SW-Motech rack, but the SW-Motech mounting plate is all plastic and failed on me on a connecting point so I went with the GIVI this time for the all metal mounting plate (M8B Monokey). I have a habit of overloading my topcase so having it stay on tight without going anywhere no matter what is important to me. I kind of wanted to weld the rack on from the beginning anyway, which is what ended up happening on my old 06 and I was pretty happy with it (that's a story on its own however).

I feel like we might need to figure out a different way to connect the rack to the bike or something, hence why I want someone who knows what they are doing and can work with me on what can and can not be done.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: NYC (Or not too far): Welder

Try this guy in Queens. I went to him years ago to get some work done, and he was great. I hope he s still around.

Macgyver Welding & Fabrication Inc - SOLDERING, Queens - Macgyver Welding Fabrication Inc in Queens - (PHONE: 7185231...) - USNY100841589 - Local US-Info.US

3. Thanks happyker thanked for this post
    happyker (OP)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: NYC (Or not too far): Welder

Thanks! I'll look him up soon after I get back home.