Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    100K Mile Member PR4s after 20400 km VEGASRIDER's Avatar
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: PR4s after 20400 km

From what I heard, the PR4'S are pretty popular and highly recommended on the Multistrada, so I will be getting those once my stock Pirreli Scorpions wears out.
    VEGASRIDER...................Member # 35
    2006 Team Yamaha Blue FZ6, 2014 Ducati Multistrada ST

Link to 50,000 Miles Club

http://www.600riders.com/forum/fz6-g...000+miles+club

Helmet: Shoei GT-Air & Qwest,
    Pants: Motoport Airmesh Kevlar
    Gloves: Motoport Race Gauntlet & Winter Gloves, First Gear Heated Gloves
    Jacket: A bunch
    Boots: Daytona Roadstar GTX, BMW Sports Dry Boots

2. Likes Motogiro liked this post
    Phantom Rider PR4s after 20400 km Andz's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just put PR4s on mine after 10 years of Bridgestone so we will see, so far no surprises when tipping into corners.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Front and Back PR4's down to wear indicators together at 30,000 km; replaced with Dunlop Roadsmart 3's - let's see what they do...

PR4s after 20400 km-20170203_115313-1632-x-918-jpg

PR4s after 20400 km-20170203_115328-1632-x-918-jpg

PR4s after 20400 km-20170206_163715-1632-x-918-jpg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails PR4s after 20400 km-20170206_163715-jpg  

Senior Member PR4s after 20400 km zixaq's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sweet baby vulcanized jeesus. 20k? 30k?

How in the hell do you manage that? I'm super lucky to get a third of that range on T30 Evos.
    Last edited by zixaq; 02-06-2017 at 01:23 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Two factors that can contribute to uneven side-to-side tire wear:
    1. Roads are typically "crowned" to help with drainage. This means that the center line is the high point, and it slopes down towards the curbs. So for a rider on the right side of the road (USA), being on a "flat" section of road means you're slightly on the left side of the tires.
    2. Like a running track, the outside lanes have a longer distance to travel going around the same curve. So for that same rider in the USA riding on the right side of the street, a left turn is more distance traveled than a right turn. So assuming the same number of left/right turns over the life of a tire, that rider in the USA is travels more distance on the left side of the tires.

Vice versa applies for weirdos like the OP in countries like the UK, Australia, and South Africa where they ride on the wrong side of the street

There was a discussion on one of my local forums about a year ago where a rider in Northeast USA noticed his tires were wearing more on the left side than the right. Opposite of the OP in Australia.

Also, for what it's worth, I always notice more wear on rears than front, maybe a "2 rears to 1 front" ratio
    Matt
    2007 Yamaha FZ6 - Street - FOR SALE
    1999 Honda CBR600F4 - Track
    1998 Suzuki DR350SE - Miscellaneous

7. Thanks bricksrheavy thanked for this post
    Likes bricksrheavy liked this post
    2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone FinalImpact's Avatar
    Mentioned
    121 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Blog Entries

How about the fact that some folk are more comfortable leaning further on one side than the other... forward view could be factor.

For those that commute, in my case I can fly in in the am but am forced to crawl home at snails pace due to heavy traffic. With a 60 mi round trip this could be a factor.
    08 Raven w/a few mods...
    R6 Forks, R1 Rear Shock (revalved), 6 Ignition Advance, S1 CAT free Header, SS Mid-Pipe, 2Bro Exhaust, AIS block off plates, Bazzaz Z-Fi Fuel Controller & Z-AFM Data Logger, Air Box mod, CR10E Plugs, 48-Tooth Rear Sprocket, FZ1 Bars, Spider Grips, Adj levers, Powder Coated -Triple, Bars & Rear Sets, Solid mounted rear-sets w/knurled pegs, Dual Headlight, Tail Tidy, LED Combo Brake & Directionals, LED POD lights & Tinted PUIG Wind Screen!

100K Mile Member PR4s after 20400 km VEGASRIDER's Avatar
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So far I'm loving my PR4'S on my Multistrada. They seem to do well when I'm out conducting my Motogymkhana sessions and have performed well out on the twisties too. Have yet to experience any hydroplaning riding in the rain. Hope to get at least 15k miles on these tires.
    VEGASRIDER...................Member # 35
    2006 Team Yamaha Blue FZ6, 2014 Ducati Multistrada ST

Link to 50,000 Miles Club

http://www.600riders.com/forum/fz6-g...000+miles+club

Helmet: Shoei GT-Air & Qwest,
    Pants: Motoport Airmesh Kevlar
    Gloves: Motoport Race Gauntlet & Winter Gloves, First Gear Heated Gloves
    Jacket: A bunch
    Boots: Daytona Roadstar GTX, BMW Sports Dry Boots

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Holy moses, 20'000km on one set of tires? How do you do that? :-o
    My PR4s now have a bit over 7000km on them (7.3 maybe). When I got them I fully expected them to last 10k, but over the last 1000km or so it's become clear that's not gonna happen. I was still hoping for the set to last 8k total, but after today's ride I noticed that the front tire is totally bare centre-right, as others have also experienced. The rear tire would probably be good for at least another 2k, but I'm not overly happy with the front's performance so I'm thinking about changing the set completely.

To be entirely honest, some of the accelerated wear is probably my own fault -- after the winter break I had initially forgotten to check tire pressure and the first couple of rides were at too low pressure (something like 1.9 bar maybe) -- but we're talking about 3-500km tops here; I doubt that alone can take thousands of km off the life expectancy of a tire.

As a side note, I was very surprised to read the opinion that fronts typically wear faster than the rear -- I never heard that as a general rule in my entire life. Where I come from, the rule of thumb - and my personal experience - is the other way round; two rears per one front. If a particular motorbike deviates from this pattern, it's usually due to distribution of masses -- iirc the Yammie FJR 1300 if notorious for "eating" fronts significantly faster than rears. I have not heard of such a behaviour of the Fazer.

Yeah so long story short:
    currently a bit on the fence whether I should stick with the MPR4 (i.e. just get a new front now) or change set entirely (and switch over to the Road Attack 3 maybe).

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234